hello there . lately when i use the camera with flash the device would just restart am running 7.1.0.694 platform .
    i already did a full wipe using BBSAK , am really hopping it is not a hardware problem . any advice on what might be causing the problem or any possible fix .
    thank you in advance .
    11-29-12 04:45 AM
    bumpp!!!!!!!!
    11-29-12 01:23 PM
    have you redownloaded the OS File and reinstalled?
    11-29-12 11:00 PM
    Hello,

My experience tells me that it may be a battery problem. In my case when the battery was a little damage (much use and overheating) is not good at the voltage, and when the flash shoots, the voltage peak restarts the phone.

It is true that each software version plays a little with energy management (but thanks to RIM and its "NO CHANGE LOG" policy) we don't know. It may be that with other versions of software is not as sensitive, but I first would take a look as follows:

- Battery contacts and phone contacts. They have to be very clean
    - Try to shoot the flash with the power cord plugged in to see if it also restarts
    - If you had another battery test it to see if the same thing happens.
    - Try and old software version. For me the best was the 569 but you lost the LED tuning possibilities.

Hope this helps.
    11-30-12 04:08 AM
    Hope the problem will be solved soon.
    11-30-12 07:15 AM
    Well i think it is the battery because i have tried like 3 OS Versions now i am running latest version on my 9900
    when i take a photo with battery below 30% it will reset but if i have it connected to the charger it wont

any suggestion about a good battery , i am a heavy user like with network set to 2G and battery enhancer always on i drain it to like ~10% in 8-10 hours
    12-06-12 04:36 PM
    hello there . lately when i use the camera with flash the device would just restart am running 7.1.0.694 platform .
    i already did a full wipe using BBSAK , am really hopping it is not a hardware problem . any advice on what might be causing the problem or any possible fix .
    thank you in advance .
    This is 100% a battery problem.
    I have seen this 3 times, always with an older battery.
    Replacing it fixes it every time.
    Replace it and it will be fixed. Keep the old as a spare in a pinch.
    12-07-12 09:29 AM
    Buy an OEM battery from a reputable place, like crackberry.

Batteries are one of the weakest links in electronics, just as cheap power supplies can be for computers. If the PC cant provide consistant voltage on the rails, the PC becomes horribly unstable, just like a smartphone will when the battery starts to go. That is why you should never buy a phone that cant replace the battery.
    If you want optimum stability and performance id recommend replacing your battery every 9 months on any smartphone.
    12-07-12 09:30 AM
    Hello,

My experience tells me that it may be a battery problem. In my case when the battery was a little damage (much use and overheating) is not good at the voltage, and when the flash shoots, the voltage peak restarts the phone.

It is true that each software version plays a little with energy management (but thanks to RIM and its "NO CHANGE LOG" policy) we don't know. It may be that with other versions of software is not as sensitive, but I first would take a look as follows:

- Battery contacts and phone contacts. They have to be very clean
    - Try to shoot the flash with the power cord plugged in to see if it also restarts
    - If you had another battery test it to see if the same thing happens.
    - Try and old software version. For me the best was the 569 but you lost the LED tuning possibilities.

Hope this helps.
    Great write-up! Thank you for contributing
    12-07-12 09:31 AM
    I don't know I but I hv tried this method of changing bateries and even changing the flash flex bt didn't work pls any help
    09-12-13 03:20 PM
    I have same problem... Please Help..
    10-22-13 04:01 AM