I was at a T-Mobile location the other day as I am thinking to change providers but would prefer a T-Mobile device. Anyhow, the rep not only discouraged me against Blackberry, telling me that my current phone - HTC One X - is way better, but went on further to say that the 9900 had been recalled for so many issues. I would just like to know if anyone else here can vouch for this. I was really looking into possibly trading out my One X for one. I know that some of the features that I have now will be missing, but I at least want a working device if I do what they call "downgrade".
    Anyhow, any help on the matter would be appreciated. Thanks!
    08-27-13 11:40 AM
    I was at a T-Mobile location the other day as I am thinking to change providers but would prefer a T-Mobile device. Anyhow, the rep not only discouraged me against Blackberry, telling me that my current phone - HTC One X - is way better, but went on further to say that the 9900 had been recalled for so many issues. I would just like to know if anyone else here can vouch for this. I was really looking into possibly trading out my One X for one. I know that some of the features that I have now will be missing, but I at least want a working device if I do what they call "downgrade".
    Anyhow, any help on the matter would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I haven't heard of anything like that. Not saying she was lying, just saying that we haven't heard that here. Yes, there were issues with the 9900 bricking and nuking but the device was not recalled.

It is still available in AT&T stores and we still purchase it as part of our fleet at work.
    08-27-13 11:45 AM
    I haven't heard anything about it officially, but anecdotally one of my larger customers has had nothing but issues with T-Mobile branded 9900's. Keyboard failures, 503 errors, even bad SIM readers: for some customers I've had to do multiple RMAs. The same holds true for the Torch 9810 as well: devices would work fine and then never boot again after putting them into sleep mode.

With my Verizon and AT&T customers, no such issues so it must be something with T-Mobile branded devices.
    08-27-13 11:48 AM
    Sales reps at the carriers have always seemed to bash BB and try to get you to buy something else that you really don't want or need. I had that issue when I got my 9930 (VZW) and it was still a relatively new device at the time. And as rthonpm mentioned, I have heard of more problems with T-Mobile branded BBs. 3 of my friends (who are now ex-Blackberry) were on T-Mobile and they switched carriers/phones because they seemed to have so many issues with their 9900 and Torchs bricking and just not working well. I personally have had very little issues with my 9930 on VZW and I haven't heard about T-Mobile recalling any Blackberry phones recently. There was an issue in the very beginning of the 9900/9930's life where people reported bricking/nuking issues on a certain batch of phones, but nothing after that. Your sales rep may be basing his reasoning on what he's seen with T-Mobile BBs or the activity at that particular store. I'd try and go to a different store if possible.
    08-27-13 12:02 PM
    Hope they take mine and give my money back so i can go buy an Iphone
    08-27-13 01:48 PM
    No recalls just stupid reps that have no use for BB
    08-27-13 02:16 PM