Sad times for UK folks, not wanting to take the 9900 on vodafail.

I've had the following email from them:

Explanation to prospects and customers � please use if required

�We�ve been working with RIM on testing the Blackberry Bold 9900 over the last 3 months to ensure the product provides a great experience for our customers. During the course of this testing we have identified that the device has yet not met some of the stringent standards we adhere to for all our products. RIM are working closely with us to resolve these device related issues and we hope to approve the product in the next few weeks with a launch in channel soon after this. Everything Everywhere are excited about this product and look forward to the launch of it.�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 02:34 AM
    Vodafail?... from someone with Orange/T-Mobile aka Nothing Nowhere? LMAO!!!

bigbamboo and __V__ like this.
    08-13-11 03:02 AM
    Vodafail?... from someone with Orange/T-Mobile aka Nothing Nowhere? LMAO!!!

Was trying to work out the message, who sent the email initially, VF or who?
    08-13-11 03:12 AM
    Why buy a device as soon as it comes out anyway? You're going to end up with a much better discount if you buy it a few weeks/months afterwards, and Everything Everywhere will probably throw a discount in for the delay.

About Vodafail, yes, vodafail. Everything Everywhere is generally a lot more reliable with this being one of the only exceptions.
    08-13-11 03:12 AM
    Sorry,

Allow me to explain.

I've left Vodafail mid contract, to defect to EE. I've been badgering them to find out what's going on with their 9900 release.

I received the above response from EE.
    08-13-11 03:26 AM
    Also: forgot to mention, the 9900 was released on Vodafail yesterday.
    08-13-11 03:27 AM
    @phil_uk tried to send you a msg but was blocked left right and centre lol - exchanged bbm quite a while ago now, so let me know how to get hold of you - if no problem

@Wretch it's called being exclusive you are in the UK, I am in Italy, if I buy now I could also sell in a couple of months for a good price too, the device wont launch here til September at the latest no doubt and will be more expensive, so there you have it. Vodafone Italy isn't much better either, so most people out here get a sim free no contract phone, but I was wondering what the initial post was all about it wan't that clear to me lol
    08-13-11 03:28 AM
    Sorry,

Allow me to explain.

I've left Vodafail mid contract, to defect to EE. I've been badgering them to find out what's going on with their 9900 release.

I received the above response from EE.
    Ah ok, and who is EE when they're at home?

p.s Did you know that RIM and VF have always had a bit of a love affair going?
    08-13-11 03:30 AM
    @phil_uk tried to send you a msg but was blocked left right and centre lol - exchanged bbm quite a while ago now, so let me know how to get hold of you - if no problem

@Wretch it's called being exclusive you are in the UK, I am in Italy, if I buy now I could also sell in a couple of months for a good price too, the device wont launch here til September at the latest no doubt and will be more expensive, so there you have it. Vodafone Italy isn't much better either, so most people out here get a sim free no contract phone, but I was wondering what the initial post was all about it wan't that clear to me lol
    Meh, exclusiveness isn't really worth like 25% off of �600 or a free BlackBerry Playbook.

Though it is tough to hold out, I really want to buy the new Bold 9900 now.
    08-13-11 03:34 AM
    Meh, exclusiveness isn't really worth like 25% off of �600 or a free BlackBerry Playbook.

Though it is tough to hold out, I really want to buy the new Bold 9900 now.
    Maybe you're right, depends how and what your needs are. I have different sim cards to chop and change in my BB devices 2 of which I pay just 5� a month for 3GB so times by 2, plus the fact there is no roaming charge with them whilst I am in the uk, we have contract phones here too, but it works out cheaper sim free in the long run..
    08-13-11 03:45 AM
    Ah ok, and who is EE when they're at home?

p.s Did you know that RIM and VF have always had a bit of a love affair going?
    Sorry: EE is Everything Everywhere. Its the Merged company that was made up of France Telecom's Orange UK. And the now FT owned T-mobile UK.

They have a roaming agreement, to allow customers of either network to roam on each other. Making them the Biggest player in the UK market.

Altho: the 2 brands are still trading as eachother.
    08-13-11 03:46 AM
    Smells like bull**** to me. I'm not sure how it could be unsuitable for those 2 networks but perfectly fine for Vodafone and the variety of networks in the US/Canada.

I've been waiting for an upgrade for 3 months now, so if this isn't going to be available for another month or so I'll be requesting my MAC code and wandering down to Carphone Warehouse to pick it up on Vodafone.
    08-13-11 03:59 AM
    Sorry: EE is Everything Everywhere. Its the Merged company that was made up of France Telecom's Orange UK. And the now FT owned T-mobile UK.

They have a roaming agreement, to allow customers of either network to roam on each other. Making them the Biggest player in the UK market.

Ah ok, with you now, I can roam on three.uk with my three.italy sim, suits me fine, that said, think you might be waiting a bit for the device, same thing happens here, VF always first, so unless you get a no branded device, it's pretty hopeless..
    08-13-11 04:27 AM
    Smells like bull**** to me. I'm not sure how it could be unsuitable for those 2 networks but perfectly fine for Vodafone and the variety of networks in the US/Canada.

I've been waiting for an upgrade for 3 months now, so if this isn't going to be available for another month or so I'll be requesting my MAC code and wandering down to Carphone Warehouse to pick it up on Vodafone.
    I can assure you, its not bull****. - I've been onto the High St today, Orange shop in Highcross Leicester hadnt even heard of the 9900. - Vodafone had 4 stock 9900's - and 1 working model.. which i had a fondle at <3

Whorehouse had the display signs up, but no stock. - when asked when are they due to get stock, i was advised "on orange? - couple of weeks, there's been an internal issue"

which i thought was odd, as i always thought Whorehouse just sold unlocked phones with anybodys contract sims? - what do i know...

also - you might want to ask for your PAC, Rather than MAC.. unless your talking Broadband.
    08-13-11 10:40 AM
    hope not!
    Last edited by appleboyy; 08-15-11 at 08:48 AM.
    08-13-11 07:58 PM
    The email has too many errors in structure to be from a carrier.
    08-13-11 08:21 PM
    Just seen this on the Orange Helpers FB Page..

Orange Helpers Hi Shaun. We are working closely with RIM to launch the Blackberry Bold 9900, which is currently undergoing the final stages of product testing to ensure it meets the high standards we set for our customers. The loyalty bonuses you mention are precisely the kind of incentive that we offer our existing customers and we hope that you will not choose to go elsewhere while you wait for this phone to be released. ^Darren
    Friday at 12:55 � Like
    From past experience, the "testing" stage means they've made an orange branded firmware with a new feature(s) that needs testing.. usually takes around a week, so i'd say they'll be ready to order from the 22nd
    Last edited by appleboyy; 08-13-11 at 08:27 PM.
    08-13-11 08:24 PM
    Ah ok, with you now, I can roam on three.uk with my three.italy sim, suits me fine, that said, think you might be waiting a bit for the device, same thing happens here, VF always first, so unless you get a no branded device, it's pretty hopeless..
    Why not grab a cheap Ryanair flight over and buy one (or two... nice profit back in Italy! )
    08-13-11 11:11 PM

to clarify, the nothing(useful) nowwhere(helpful) network sharing is for 2G only, so yea, you bought a 3G handset but ya cant share that, only 2G lol.

and your local orange store seems a tad slow, i asked a friend who works at orange, 'about a week`and CPW sell unlocked handsets (unless is apple) so im sure you`ll be able to get one midweek from them.

but the MOST important question i really do need to ask, HOW HOW HOW is a product that hasnt been given a date then delayed? that makes no sense whatsoever.
    08-13-11 11:37 PM
    I picked one up yesterday on VF and the guy said that they have a one week only exclusivity on the device in the UK.

08-14-11 12:43 AM
    I cannot beleive you brand it vodafail just because you have the ability to share the UK's two weakest networks.

Two weak networks does not equal the power of the UK's biggest network I'm afraid.

Having been and Orange and O2 customer before experiencing Vodafone I can honestly say through having an Orange phone and a Vodafone phone next to each other in many parts of the UK that Orange was the weaker network.

So sharing two networks makes it better? It would do if the two networks didn't mast share and have very similar coverage areas - for our foreign friends the UK networks share masts to save building two or three in one place.

At least I suppose the wait will bring a few more away from sharing nothing nowhere (thanks Phill).

08-14-11 02:21 AM
    I can assure you, its not bull****. - I've been onto the High St today, Orange shop in Highcross Leicester hadnt even heard of the 9900. - Vodafone had 4 stock 9900's - and 1 working model.. which i had a fondle at <3

Whorehouse had the display signs up, but no stock. - when asked when are they due to get stock, i was advised "on orange? - couple of weeks, there's been an internal issue"

which i thought was odd, as i always thought Whorehouse just sold unlocked phones with anybodys contract sims? - what do i know...

also - you might want to ask for your PAC, Rather than MAC.. unless your talking Broadband.
    thats because some of the shop assistants have the knowledge of a goldfish when it comes to phones other than iphones/there own phones, it is coming to orange soon (its now on there own website as coming soon) and if the assistant checked the system they had an estimated date of mid august
    another example of shop assistants not knowing what is going on is carphone warehouse where they said the uk release date was 8th august (and had the displays out) but there was no visible stoke within the company (and last time I checked you should have stock before you you release a product)

concerning y a phone is suitable for one company and not another is due to the each companies testing regimes and how it integrates with there network two reasons for this are one to make sure it doesn't cause problems on the network and 2 if there is a problem with the phone its the phone company who would have to loose out/cost them and might reflect badly on the company e.g. most people blame the company not the phone for bad connection, also with orange if there is a fault on the phone they choose to replace the phone like for like straight away rather than sending your phone off for fixing (which phones4u carphone warehouse and three do)
    and some companies will pull a phone from the stores if there is problems with it post release date while other still sell the phone (O2 openly admit they have done this before
    08-14-11 07:41 AM
    [QUOTE=BoldBlackBerry;6568759]I cannot beleive you brand it vodafail just because you have the ability to share the UK's two weakest networks.

And I can't belive you would make that assumption :-) - I've branded them VodaFail, becuase they have failed me as a customer. Hence why I'm leaving.

I've always been a big beliver in the vodafone brand, and have been a loyal servent to them over the yrs. - but in the last 6 months, CS has simply disinegrated.

I take on board what you say about them being weak networks. Afterall, T-mobile wasn't called one2noone for nothing..

In the last year alone I've been with Orange, Vodafone twice, and had a 6wk stint on O2. - I'm only going back to Orange due to the roaming agreement, as Orange coverage where I live is non existant, but t-mobile's is getting better.

Sometimes, its better the devil you know.
    08-14-11 11:53 AM
    Hi guys, i'm with Orange and have been for 10+ years, due an upgrade since last decemeber and have been waiting for the 9900.
    I've pretty much called upgrades everyday for the last couple of weeks, everytime they had no idea of launch date. Today I spoke to Mark who said it had failed testing and was returned, won't be launched until mid-sept at earliest!
    Pretty gutted, now thinking of going to O2.......
    08-19-11 03:44 AM
    On current firmwares the phone is a piece of crap on Orange, using one of my work 9900s as a personal phone on my Orange line.

I can see why they haven't released it from carrier testing yet.
    jskalsey likes this.
    08-19-11 05:21 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD