Hello there,
    First time posting here although I've been reading the site for a year or so. I'm currently using a BlackBerry 9900 & it has 2 major issues. I am hoping someone here can shed some light please :-).

The first issue I am having is that it keeps making random calls. This is the same number every single time - this is not when I'm on a call, the device can be just sitting on the side and it starts to dial this number (unless the device is locked). I deleted the number from my phone book & also did a memory wipe. Same issue occurs.

The second issue is that the U key suddenly became very, very sensitive. This results in random U's popping up constantly, again sometimes even when the device is just left on it's own.

I'm quite a heavy user normally but the device isn't really usable like this, so I'd be very grateful for any advice on how to fix either or both problems.

Thanks in advance.
    08-14-13 10:22 PM
    First issue sounds really odd, but may be related to the second issue, which sounds like water damage to me. You'll need to take it apart, and clean both the PC contacts along with the contacts on the keypad membrane. There are plenty of YouTube videos to help you with that.
    08-14-13 11:02 PM
    First issue sounds really odd, but may be related to the second issue, which sounds like water damage to me. You'll need to take it apart, and clean both the PC contacts along with the contacts on the keypad membrane. There are plenty of YouTube videos to help you with that.

Thank you for your reply - I'll look into doing that :-).
    08-15-13 10:43 AM
    The # it calls doesnt happen to be assigned to speed dial on letter "u" does it?
    U can Check by going to the phone icon, go to a # on the list not assigned to speed dial, click bb button, then " add to speed dial" and check the u.
    08-15-13 12:39 PM
    The # it calls doesnt happen to be assigned to speed dial on letter "u" does it?
    U can Check by going to the phone icon, go to a # on the list not assigned to speed dial, click bb button, then " add to speed dial" and check the u.
    I checked & it was - thank you. That's stopped the random calling.
    08-15-13 03:22 PM