Hello,

It keeps on rebooting it self when ever it feels like.. when I am bbming, on call and even when the phone is on standby I pickitup to check and its rebooting or off..

i have the latest firmware (download from the link provided in crackberry).

Gave it for repair 3 times and they are convinced its fine, battery drains fast and replaced the battery as well.

Not sure what the issue is ... any suggestions?

to add i have already re-installed the OS, swipe, changed battery , changed memorycard... formatted the internal memory..

Thanks.. !
    11-02-13 06:15 AM
    Hello,

It keeps on rebooting it self when ever it feels like.. when I am bbming, on call and even when the phone is on standby I pickitup to check and its rebooting or off..

i have the latest firmware (download from the link provided in crackberry).

Gave it for repair 3 times and they are convinced its fine, battery drains fast and replaced the battery as well.

Not sure what the issue is ... any suggestions?

to add i have already re-installed the OS, swipe, changed battery , changed memorycard... formatted the internal memory..

Thanks.. !
    Dang you did all the things I would have done. Bumping it so that it gets some visibility.
    11-02-13 08:12 PM
    With all the right things you did, it may not be a software issue after all.
    I do not know if yours was a used or new, but did you feel lose when you installed the battery?
    Even if not, you might want to clean the battery terminals by using an eraser or something not too abrasive.
    Electrical contacts are often very finicky.
    11-03-13 10:14 AM
    With all the right things you did, it may not be a software issue after all.
    I do not know if yours was a used or new, but did you feel lose when you installed the battery?
    Even if not, you might want to clean the battery terminals by using an eraser or something not too abrasive.
    Electrical contacts are often very finicky.
    Just to add to above, assuming that there is no software issue, if it had a water damage in the past, there might be some other hardware issues.
    When repairer only made a cursory check, they may not find anything. Unrepeatable random troubles are very difficult to diagnose.
    Even if you might clean the visible battery contacts, they are spring loaded and might be corroded inside.
    I am not an expert, and cannot go beyond above recommendation, but thought the random nature of the reboot might have something to do with the electrical contacts.
    11-03-13 10:23 AM
    They said they have done full check and its perfect inside out..
    11-04-13 02:33 PM
    What happens if you try turning off 3G (set it to 2G only, and try turning off cellular network altogether and run it off Wifi and see if it still reboots).
    11-04-13 05:22 PM
    Still the same issue...
    11-11-13 06:29 AM
    Did you happen to get your issue resolved? My Blackberry 9790 is doing the same thing - my battery was fine just before this constant rebooting started happening around Nov 2013. Now, after 5- 7 reboots per day (sometimes 3 or 4 in a row, to the point where I have to take out the battery to stop the reboots), my phone needs to be plugged in at all times in order to be used without rebooting. It only reboots when unplugged. I updated to the latest OS 7.1 bundle 2885 and it still happens.
    01-08-14 10:55 AM
    Try doing a reload of the OS wiping all installed apps and if that still doesn't fix it then it sounds like there is a hardware fault. Might be cheaper to buy a replacement rather than trying to find someone who can fix it unless you've still got any warranty period left.
    01-08-14 04:56 PM
    Mine did the same weird things. I tried wipe, reflash, no mem card... all useless - sudden reboots remained.
    After that I found an advice over here to put paper inserts at the back of the battery, so it sits tight. It helped a little bit.

After that I decided to put some piece of paper under the battery right in the place where the terminals are.

While doing that I also did a factory reset with BBSAK.

Now - it is two days already with no sudden reboots, no weird battery drain. Also the battery sits veeery tight, pushing terminals down to PCB.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 10:40 PM
    If you're happy tacking your phone together with bits of paper then that sounds fine ... otherwise I'd get a new unit
    01-17-14 06:50 AM
    Hi,

How can i format my BB9790 using a PC.
    I want to clean it completely.

Please help, Thanks
    01-20-14 02:49 AM
    Hi,

How can i format my BB9790 using a PC.
    I want to clean it completely.

Please help, Thanks
    01-28-14 05:44 AM
    I think I figer out the problem after checking long hours of thinking I realize that the phone will reboot constantly because its not getting enough power ... I tried pluging my charger once and realize it didn't reboot witch is maybe its getting enough power to come on.. So am guessing that the power supply goes bad in all blackberry 9790 I also realize apps that uses a lot of battery power affect the power supply for example the camera that uses a lot of batter power to take a picture ..not sure how to fix that problem yet but am still working on it
    01-28-14 06:07 AM
    Arrived to same logic conclusion about power supply.
    Finally got all required tools in my hands and disassembled my 9790. My goal was to get to battery contact pads on the back of the main board.
    When I opened it, I noticed black dirt on contact pads on the main board where the battery contacts meet the pads. The dirt easily cleaned with the paper tissue/towel. Also cleaned with the wooden toothstick. Assembled back.

After that I run the device for several days already, to make sure it gives me a result before posting here.
    The phone runs fine with no sudden reboot, heavy load. Under same load it'd reboot very often before.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 05:38 AM
    Is there anyone experiencing same problems? Anyone who can do same sort of "maintenance"? Would like to get statistics around that to confirm the solution.

Also after that maintenance my battery readings do not show weird changes, like dropping 30% in a second.

And still the battery life is dependant on phone usage. Can easily get to the end of the day with good battery level under moderate load.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 02:02 AM
    There you go,a view to the back of PCB. The four pads below vibro motor and the camera are the ones which need to be cleaned.
    I did such clean and the phone works like a charm for a week already. I give him hard times with the load and he handles it successfully.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 248296
    02-15-14 03:32 PM
    same here.. my phone keeps rebooting.
    already did everything until I know the real issue. My real issue for me is BATTERY.
    I have 3 batteries and latest one fix everything. My phone stops rebooting.
    02-17-14 06:22 AM
    same here.. my phone keeps rebooting.
    already did everything until I know the real issue. My real issue for me is BATTERY.
    I have 3 batteries and latest one fix everything. My phone stops rebooting.
    I changed two batteries. No luck. Cleaned the contact pads. Working on the first battery that came with the phone when I bought it second hand.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 04:25 AM
    My 9790 BB problematic. First Error 545, then a black screen, no display and LED light blinks once followed by three times in a row. and, do not read on a computer, when it was connected via usb cable. please help the way out. Thanks & Gbu !!!
    02-21-14 10:07 AM
    How to fix my BB 9790 red blink 10111 ? Help me please & Gbu !!!
    02-25-14 08:19 AM
    Finally, red blink problem on BlackBerry 9790 10111 I finished. Is back to normal, after being repaired by a handyman service my subscription. Thank God ...
    03-01-14 10:26 AM
    There you go,a view to the back of PCB. The four pads below vibro motor and the camera are the ones which need to be cleaned.
    I did such clean and the phone works like a charm for a week already. I give him hard times with the load and he handles it successfully.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 248296
    I need to try this, I just need the tools. Don't want to break this thing trying to fix it.
    Thanks! I can't see the image though.. .is it just the back of the battery terminals.
    03-01-14 03:15 PM
    I need to try this, I just need the tools. Don't want to break this thing trying to fix it.
    Thanks! I can't see the image though.. .is it just the back of the battery terminals.
    I had to reopen it once again and to pull terminals so it pushes harder to PCB. As a bonus - battery sits solid and very tight now.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 02:22 PM