1. Individual88's Avatar
    last week, my blackberry 9700 got wet and basically the water damage indicators on my phone and my battery are pink now. However, the phone works just fine, except for one problem..It doesnt seem to charge the battery. I can see the lightning bolt sign but the percentage of the charge doesnt change. I tried charging it from USB, no changes. My mother has the same phone, so I tried to put my battery in her phone and it charged fine. I assumed its my phone. Then i put her new battery into my phone, it doesnt charge either, and batter dies really fast. 1 or 2 hours and its dead. I dont know what to do, i only bought it a few weeks ago. Everything works perfect, except for this charging issue. Is there a chance it will start working again?
    02-06-10 05:40 PM
  2. Crackb3rry420's Avatar
    after water damage i feel things can only get worse,when did u purchase the phone...if its within a month u might be eligible 2 get a new1
    02-06-10 05:43 PM
  3. hootyhoo's Avatar
    Most likely a circuit got fried. You could always try to find a repair shop to see if they can repair it. Other wise I think you're out of luck. Sorry for your loss.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 05:45 PM
  4. Individual88's Avatar
    i purchased it on dec 30th. no insurance. warranty won't cover water damage. I don't understand what the problem is. When i plug in USB into the port, i can sync music, and my computer recognizes it. The charger also recognizes teh phone but it just doesn't charge it haha
    02-06-10 05:47 PM
  5. Laura Knotek's Avatar
    after water damage i feel things can only get worse,when did u purchase the phone...if its within a month u might be eligible 2 get a new1
    If it has water damage, it will not be replaced unless there is an insurance plan. Warranty does not cover physical damage.
    02-06-10 05:47 PM
  6. Individual88's Avatar
    And when the battery dies, I take it out and put it back in, it shows that its full again and it can work for another 1 or 2 hours. I don't wanna do a battery pull all the time though.
    02-06-10 05:54 PM
  7. Crackb3rry420's Avatar
    somehthing might have gotten fried like thatguy said..after a water damaged phone,i dont see how things can start functioning perfectly again...in the long run things will give out..if u have insurance do a insur. job on it i think
    02-06-10 05:56 PM
  8. Crackb3rry420's Avatar
    sorry didnt see udont havei nsurance...dam that sucks
    02-06-10 05:56 PM
  9. amazinglygraceless's Avatar
    Simple answer is the thing is toast. If you have no insurance, it's game over.
    You need to replace the phone.

    Since you did state that you took any generally accepted steps to dry the
    unit out it is a high probability that the current from the battery fried some
    part of the phones circuitry.
    02-06-10 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD