I press "m" and all my messages from all different mail accounts, fb, whatsapp is there. With iPhone, I had to click in, then back, back, choose email account, etc etc. It's a lot of work.

Everything else kinda sucks when compared with iPhone.

OOO, I like the fact that I can have spare batteries. I keep 3 extra batteries and just use external chargers now. No home charger, no car charger. Just pop another battery in when it's low.

I will get an iPad though, it's amazing.
    06-12-10 10:37 PM
    I press "m" and all my messages from all different mail accounts, fb, whatsapp is there. With iPhone, I had to click in, then back, back, choose email account, etc etc. It's a lot of work.
    I am running iPhone 3G with iOS 4 and they have "All Inboxes" there, which combines all e-mail inboxes. No SMSes though, they are separate, as well as FB/Twitter/whatever other social crap exist.

Everything else kinda sucks when compared with iPhone.
    The battery life is nice on 9700.
    06-12-10 11:38 PM
    I am running iPhone 3G with iOS 4 and they have "All Inboxes" there, which combines all e-mail inboxes. No SMSes though, they are separate, as well as FB/Twitter/whatever other social crap exist.
    That's awesome. Finally.
    iPhone 4 is really nice.
    06-13-10 12:40 AM
    Full qwerty real keyboard,battery (9700) do it for me

Robin
    06-13-10 01:59 PM
    The curves man the curves
    06-13-10 02:52 PM
    BBM and the CB community.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 04:09 PM
    does the iphone have push email?
    06-13-10 04:12 PM
    does the iphone have push email?
    Yes, for quite awhile, via MobileMe, or via Gmail, or Exchange server, etc.
    06-13-10 04:20 PM
    I tried switching away from my 9700 for an iPhone for a couple days. Didn't work out. Bottom line is that the BB is just really damn good at messaging which I do really need for work. But I'll be blunt, it's horrible at everything else. Web browsing is painful, the screen is tiny, the BB browser sucks, the BOLT browser is better but still not that great, and there are next to zero apps, and playing any games on such a tiny screen is even more painful, and most importantly, not fun. The only thing which works pretty nicely for a third party app is a Weather Gadget...

But the iPhone is pretty damn good at just about everything else. Web browsing, music, GAMES, you name it. The messaging functions are OK but comparable to BB. There's no device on the market right now that does messaging as well as BB and combines all of the fun stuff that is in iPhones and Android phones...

I've resorted to carrying both during the weekdays. But on weekends, only the iPhone goes out with me. It's actually not a bad combo. 9700 is damn light, the battery last days and iPhone goes in my jacket pocket whenever I'm bored. Not to mention while you're waiting for flights at an airport... a BB is going to bore you to death, iPhone will offer you an ounce of sanity while dealing with all the annoyances of flying cattle class...

One other thing as well, since both my BB and iPhone are sync'd to the same email account, I can use the iPhone's larger screen as reference while I type out a detailed email in BB. Dual monitors!
    06-13-10 05:12 PM
    I tried switching away from my 9700 for an iPhone for a couple days. Didn't work out. Bottom line is that the BB is just really damn good at messaging which I do really need for work. But I'll be blunt, it's horrible at everything else. Web browsing is painful, the screen is tiny, the BB browser sucks, the BOLT browser is better but still not that great, and there are next to zero apps, and playing any games on such a tiny screen is even more painful, and most importantly, not fun. The only thing which works pretty nicely for a third party app is a Weather Gadget...

But the iPhone is pretty damn good at just about everything else. Web browsing, music, GAMES, you name it. The messaging functions are OK but comparable to BB. There's no device on the market right now that does messaging as well as BB and combines all of the fun stuff that is in iPhones and Android phones...

I've resorted to carrying both during the weekdays. But on weekends, only the iPhone goes out with me. It's actually not a bad combo. 9700 is damn light, the battery last days and iPhone goes in my jacket pocket whenever I'm bored. Not to mention while you're waiting for flights at an airport... a BB is going to bore you to death, iPhone will offer you an ounce of sanity while dealing with all the annoyances of flying cattle class...

One other thing as well, since both my BB and iPhone are sync'd to the same email account, I can use the iPhone's larger screen as reference while I type out a detailed email in BB. Dual monitors!
    Good points. Thats why I have a 9700 and my Moto Cliq. Now i'm waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S to come to TMo this summer and I will add that to my collection of phones.
    06-13-10 08:50 PM
    I'm not going to lie, if iPhone 4 has better battery life (as apple claims), I'd consider switching back. But I'd also have to deal with steve jobs' parenting.

06-14-10 12:31 AM
    I've had a 9700 since December now, along with an iPhone 3GS. I sold the iPhone yesterday (gonna get an iPhone 4 apparently) but when I had both I kept going on and off with these.

The 9700 has some advantages:

- great battery life
    - feels tiny compared to a touchscreen phone
    - push e-mail with 8 different accounts is seamless
    - incredible keyboard

But it has major drawbacks:

- sound quality SUCKS
    - Facebook app blows
    - what's up with the 3.5mm jack on the side?
    - bad screen
    - bad camera
    - worst video ever
    - rear cover lid won't stay on much longer
    - boring OS
    - no applications

And more. But I'm keeping it because SOMEHOW I like it.
    06-14-10 05:13 AM

But it has major drawbacks:

- sound quality SUCKS
    - Facebook app blows
    - rear cover lid won't stay on much longer
    - boring OS
    - no applications
    - Try an Equalizer?
    - Update to 1.8? (still kinda crap compared to iPhone i know)
    - Try using a bit of your Girlfriends hairspray (the stuff that hardens, don't use mouse or something like that) It creates an bit sticky/rough patch on the cover. Only use on the cover not the phone inside!
    - Use a Theme?
    - It's a phone not an laptop...
    06-14-10 09:38 AM
    Equalizers don't make up for the terrible frequency response and distorsion.
    I'mma look into that.
    Yeah hairspray on my phone. Right :<
    Done that. But still, it doesn't get any funnier.
    iPhones and Android devices have applications.
    06-14-10 10:50 AM
    I think people just like to complain.

The American way: "It's NEVER enough!"
    06-14-10 10:57 AM
    I'm not going to lie, if iPhone 4 has better battery life (as apple claims), I'd consider switching back. But I'd also have to deal with steve jobs' parenting.
    What's the deal about "Steve Jobs parenting"? I really saw kind of those notes across different forums? Sound strange for me. Even with all parenting Apple beats everybody with how many good apps they have. So, why should it bother anybody if somebody is limiting what goes to the apps directory?
    Come on, RIM is limiting how you can access your email (BIS/BES only, even if you have WiFi connection), isn't that weird? And there is no workaround. At least with iPhone you can jailbreak...
    06-14-10 11:52 AM
    What's the deal about "Steve Jobs parenting"? I really saw kind of those notes across different forums? Sound strange for me. Even with all parenting Apple beats everybody with how many good apps they have. So, why should it bother anybody if somebody is limiting what goes to the apps directory?
    Come on, RIM is limiting how you can access your email (BIS/BES only, even if you have WiFi connection), isn't that weird? And there is no workaround. At least with iPhone you can jailbreak...
    That's a good point, but for me it really comes down to what the developers are allowed to do. I couldn't tell you how many bad reviews I get because my alarms don't go off when the app snt open. Sure, I can do t now n iOS 4, but many consumers didn't know that it wasn't my fault for lmitations like these.

06-14-10 12:20 PM
    Equalizers don't make up for the terrible frequency response and distorsion.
    I'mma look into that.
    Yeah hairspray on my phone. Right :<
    Done that. But still, it doesn't get any funnier.
    iPhones and Android devices have applications.
    just a bit on the cover, where the it locks in to place with the phone it's self... just let it dry for 90% or so then put it on the phone... can't harm it and haven't had a loose cover since (and yes I can open the cover!)
    06-14-10 03:15 PM

While the iPhone 4 is very nice...there are still somethings that will not benefit me. For instance, face time (video conferencing). I do not know anybody I talk to with an iPhone. There for, video conference is a useless feature. That is really the main highlight besides the better screen. Unless everybody in your social group has an iPhone 4, what's the point?

It would make much more sense for a Blackberry to have a front facing camera.....even if all you can chat with is other blackberry people. I chat with a lot more people who have bb's then iphones. So, I can see using face time here and there.

The camera is good......recording in HD is a nice feature. Not enough to make me switch carriers and phone. The Bold 3 should pack these features. I will wait to see what rim is coming with.

I don't think a 9700a is coming. I think the current 9700 can handle 6. However, the bold 3 should have a 5MP cam......hd video recording......and front facing cam that can be done in BBM. That would be nice!
    06-14-10 09:02 PM
    Come on, RIM is limiting how you can access your email (BIS/BES only, even if you have WiFi connection..
    That's certainly not true.
    06-14-10 09:50 PM
    While the iPhone 4 is very nice...there are still somethings that will not benefit me. For instance, face time (video conferencing). I do not know anybody I talk to with an iPhone. There for, video conference is a useless feature. That is really the main highlight besides the better screen. Unless everybody in your social group has an iPhone 4, what's the point?
    No, it's not what I was saying. Blackberry is device by the choice, you need to know WHY are you choosing it, not to compare and get the most featured one. :-)
    What I was saying is that I could care less about "Steve Jobs parenting", and I find all those "Apple is evil! They tell us what to do!" talks so stupid and dumb, obviously coming from weird fanatics. Don't like it? Change you freaking phone. The same way how people here are pissing on Blackberry with their "I am moving to Crapodroid/etc.".
    06-14-10 09:52 PM
    That's certainly not true.
    Oh, really? Hmmm. Let me try this thing right away. (I am not even suggesting Google for it). Wifi is on. Network is off. Browser? Works. Open laptop, email myself from other email. Hmmm... Gmail. It's not on the phone. It's is there if you check it from Web interface. Hmm... 5 minutes. Hmmm? Nothing!
    Let's turn on network back. Woo-hoo! My email just arrived!

JUST CHECK IT YOURSELF. :-)
    06-14-10 09:54 PM
    I have, it works (but I'm security conscious enough to not use Gmail.)

BTW, you said it's there in webmail which is all you need to prove your statement is false.
    06-14-10 10:02 PM
    I have, it works (but I'm security conscious enough to not use Gmail.)
    Okay, I have 3 email accounts. One is AT&T old one, POP3, other is Gmail and Yahoo. I can browse Web on Wifi, but NO email is being pushed to the device UNLESS I turn on (or find the place) where there is voice/data coverage. Only Wifi is NOT enough to receive push email.

BTW, you said it's there in webmail which is all you need to prove your statement is false.
    I sent it myself via laptop. My phone DID NOT receive this email until I turned on the network, even if WiFi was totally working, connected, and I could use WiFi and UberTwitter (which works over the Wifi).
    C'mon, there is no need to "prove my statement is false", just look other threads.

Actually, even days ago I'd think it's stupid and it should work. Nope. Here is my thread where I asked this question http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...-wrong-483098/ because I got in situation where I had zero bars, but had WiFi (in mountains, in hotel). And check out what other people are answering. And they actually confirm that push email and BBM will NOT work only over WiFi.
    06-14-10 11:14 PM
    Okay, I have 3 email accounts. One is AT&T old one, POP3, other is Gmail and Yahoo. I can browse Web on Wifi, but NO email is being pushed to the device UNLESS I turn on (or find the place) where there is voice/data coverage. Only Wifi is NOT enough to receive push email.

I sent it myself via laptop. My phone DID NOT receive this email until I turned on the network, even if WiFi was totally working, connected, and I could use WiFi and UberTwitter (which works over the Wifi).
    C'mon, there is no need to "prove my statement is false", just look other threads.

Actually, even days ago I'd think it's stupid and it should work. Nope. Here is my thread where I asked this question http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...-wrong-483098/ because I got in situation where I had zero bars, but had WiFi (in mountains, in hotel). And check out what other people are answering. And they actually confirm that push email and BBM will NOT work only over WiFi.
    With Wi-Fi on, e-mail worked for me. Same for BBM. I used it to avoid going over my 1GB cap, since telus says so.

06-14-10 11:22 PM
102 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD