Hey guys. I just purchased a new Bold 9700 about two weeks ago, and unfortunately, the phone slipped out of the case, damaging the chrome bezel. I am looking to replace the bezel myself, but am unsure as to where I should order it from. I have been looking at cnn, as well as sw-box, and have heard mixed reviews about each. Can anyone give me their two-cents as to where I should order from? Pros? Cons? Fit? These are the ones I am specifically looking at:

BlackBerry Bold 9700 matte black bezel - - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG,

BlackBerry Bold 9700 9020 Onyx Matte Front Bezel Frame Housing Cover / Bottom Cover With Top Cover - Black - US $6.25 : sw-box.com

I've heard that the face plates that come with the top pre-installed fit better? And also that the chrome face plates tend to fit better than the matte black ones?

Thanks!
    09-26-10 05:46 PM
    dealsi ftw
    09-26-10 05:50 PM
    Hey there. Dealsishop has high quality and well fitting parts. They also ship from the USA.

Personally, I wasn't impressed with the quality of parts from sw-box. Haven't ordered from the other place you linked.
    09-26-10 05:51 PM
    Would prefer it if Dealsishop sold the black bezel with the top pre-attatched like they do with the chrome bezel.
    I've also read that there is no such thing as OEM bezels? As RIM does not make or sell replacement parts? Yet how is it that parts are being sold as OEM?
    09-26-10 06:24 PM
    OEM is a LOOSE term when it comes to parts.

especially when the parts are outsourced by another company who could make 1000 chrome ones for RIM but then make blue pink black or w/e.

They can make more money this way as well.
    09-26-10 06:43 PM
    When I had the 9700, I changed the bezel to the black one from CNN.CN and found it to be pretty good compared to the one I bought from SW box which had a terrible fit. I haven't tried Dealsishop yet but heard some good reviews about them. Anyways, just thought I'd show the pic of my 9700 when I changed it. It went well, it had a small gap on the top left but then all I did was open it back up and reseated it and it was all evened out. I will take a pic of it again showing the fix.
    Last edited by coremark; 09-26-10 at 07:12 PM.
    09-26-10 07:10 PM
    Looks good. Is it just me or does that look like its a glossy black bezel? And how is the fit compared to the original chrome bezel the phone came with?
    09-27-10 07:34 PM
    You can get a new bezel replaced + they do it on the spot for you. ( if your not repair-savvy yourself) for around $30.
    If you want I can provide a number for a place I found cause the exact same thing happened to me.
    09-27-10 07:53 PM
    Don't think it would be too difficult to do, but I wouldn't mind shelling out $30 as long as its a job well done. Where are you located? I'm in Toronto.
    09-27-10 08:21 PM
    I bought a matte black bezel on ebay, $4 including shipping, arrived today from china, installed it, suprisingly, PERFECT FITMENT.
    installation time 15 minutes (was a bit difficult to get the 2 screws off, its a star screw needed, was able to get it off with a flat one tho haha)

end result.

SO AWESOME. F* CHROME

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 04:23 AM
    Don't think it would be too difficult to do, but I wouldn't mind shelling out $30 as long as its a job well done. Where are you located? I'm in Toronto.
    Cell Mates, atrium on bay. Also, Nuvi Wireless, Jane st and Rita Rd, or the block north (a stop ahead of it on the Jane bus), stanley ave.

09-28-10 04:43 AM
    does anyone know if there are keypad replacements that aren't glossy?

09-28-10 05:51 AM
    does anyone know if there are keypad replacements that aren't glossy?

No there isnt
    09-28-10 09:37 AM
    09-28-10 12:16 PM
    I've bought housing from a few places that sell the chrome bezel and top part attached (US sellers that claimed OEM) but even though it fit correctly it was a lot more difficult to press the Lock and the Mute button on the left and right sides and sometimes would even click in a way where the top part is rubbing against the chrome bezel.

Just wondering is this normal? Or do these stores produce bezels with similar "feel" when you press on the button as the original?
    10-04-10 12:28 PM
    I'm looking to get a new bezel as well... may even go crazy and do all new housing!
    10-04-10 03:28 PM
    My lock and mute buttons work perfectly
    10-04-10 03:37 PM
    Where did you get your housing from?
    10-04-10 03:56 PM
    question

BlackBerry Bold 9700 matte black bezel - - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG,

is it ready to install right off the back or do you still need to take the foam off the original piece and transfer it?
    10-04-10 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD