hello crackberry fourm.
    i have just unlocked a bold 9000 from att and now using it on tmobile. i have read some threads about need to have data plan for the blackberry for att, but does the same apply to tmobile too?

And if it is, is there anyway to bypass that and make them unable to figure out that i am using a blackberry so i dont need to get the data plan because i have a friend say that it is possible to trick them in to not recongizing the phone as a blackberry, so you wont need to get the data plan.

thanks in advance.
    06-28-11 09:02 PM
    If you intend to use any internet access, you need a data plan. If you only want to use the phone and send/receive text message, you can get away without one.

If you do get a data plan, you'll only have EDGE access, not 3G.
    06-28-11 09:08 PM
    I'm running att gophone with the 2$ a day thing and its unlimited text and calling. I also get mms. the 50$ a month plan includes data,but not bb data. but you can get on the browser.but not app world or anything related to bb servers.
    07-01-11 11:19 AM
    Yeah, it'll work just like any other non-data phone, tmo won't 'make' you get the data plan or anything. And if you have wifi at home, you'll still get app world and the browser, just no push email/apps.
    07-04-11 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD