Hey CBN.
    Today i want to know your opinion.
    My friend has the Bold 9000 and wanted to trade me for my Curve 8900.
    I dont know much about the Bold, and wanted to know if that was a good , even trade?
    Is the Bold 9000 better, or worse than the Curve 8900?
    Post your thoughts on this trade please.

Thanks,
    jaredwynter
    05-26-10 03:45 PM
    Pro: 8900 - The 8900 has more memory if you want a lot of third party apps, and a better camera In anything except perfect conditions you will get better pictures using the bottom of a beer bottle instead of a 9000.

Pro: 9000 - Nothing I can think of for a TMo - USA user. For use on other networks, 9000 is a 3G capable device so will deliver better performance, but it doesn't support TMo-US frequencies, you would be stuck on EDGE and not see any benefit over your current 8900.

Overall: Neutral or slight disadvantage for you on TMo-USA.
    05-26-10 04:22 PM
    Pro: 8900 - The 8900 has more memory if you want a lot of third party apps, and a better camera In anything except perfect conditions you will get better pictures using the bottom of a beer bottle instead of a 9000.

Pro: 9000 - Nothing I can think of for a TMo - USA user. For use on other networks, 9000 is a 3G capable device so will deliver better performance, but it doesn't support TMo-US frequencies, you would be stuck on EDGE and not see any benefit over your current 8900.

Overall: Neutral or slight disadvantage for you on TMo-USA.
    Thanks for your input.
    Anyone else?
    05-27-10 09:52 PM
    I agree. With you being on t-mobile, I would stay with what you got. There is no gain to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 10:58 PM
    If you absolutely don't use any apps other than native bb apps. Bold could be an advantage for you. Keyboard and bigger screen is a plus. Except you will use UMA which is a huge feature imo and supposely the 8900 has enhanced edge which is faster than att edge. Memory isn't a problem right now since apps aren't that huge for BB but will be if the 8900 is upgradeable to OS 6.

05-28-10 02:33 AM
    I agree. With you being on t-mobile, I would stay with what you got. There is no gain to you.

If you absolutely don't use any apps other than native bb apps. Bold could be an advantage for you. Keyboard and bigger screen is a plus. Except you will use UMA which is a huge feature imo and supposely the 8900 has enhanced edge which is faster than att edge. Memory isn't a problem right now since apps aren't that huge for BB but will be if the 8900 is upgradeable to OS 6.

Thanks for your inputs.
    05-29-10 06:54 PM
    9000 camera sucks.
    05-29-10 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD