I just downloaded OS 6 onto my Bold last night. Seems cool, but one weird thing that I've noticed so far is that after I move the SMS icon to the position I want it in on my icon bar, after I open up any screen and then return to the home screen, the SMS icon has moved back to it's previous position. I've tried moving it around to different positions, and it always returns on it's own... Anyone else experiencing this quirk?
    02-02-11 07:26 AM
    Yeah, I'm seeing weird movement of icons too... I just loaded BB6 yesterday on Verizon 9650.

I created folders, moved icons into them; hid a bunch of craplets (i.e. the IMs). The folders were gone after a reboot and everything was back visible. And, no icons were hidden.

I need to poke around the postings from those who have been using 6 longer than I to see if there's fixes, better themes, etc.

My first impression of 6:
    Cons:
    • Not liking the Trays.
    • Not liking the fact that I'm spinning my wheels with arranging things how I want them.

Pros:
    • GUI feels more modern, reminiscence of Mrs. WDCBruceFan's iPhone
    02-02-11 08:22 AM
    Icons moved on my first battery pull. They haven't moved on my 2nd.
    02-02-11 08:34 AM
    hi all, I don't have os6, but I do remember someone last week sometime posting about their icons not staying put on os6 as well. i honestly don't remember the outcome of it. if i come accross the thread again il post it here for you.

here it is: sticky icon placement for home row os6
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-02-11 at 09:14 AM.
    02-02-11 09:09 AM
    I had OS 6 running for several days with no problem, installed a new theme and the icons became unpredictable even in the default theme. I assumed that it was related to the newly installed theme, but maybe it's an OS 6 issue.
    02-02-11 09:11 AM
    yea this is a know bug in os6 although i havent really had any issues with it doing this after a while. I would also suggest checking out the theme forum as there are plenty of awesome themes that do away with the treys and allow for some greater customization.
    02-02-11 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD