Ok.. So I ordered a yellow trackball from cnn.cn and replaced my stock one... I used the utmost caution and still ended up breaking two of the tabs that hold on the metal tab that holds it on.
    Anyone else have this problem?

Ideas on a fix without replacing the phone?

After being extremly unhappy with the performance of the yellow ball, I replaced the original and it seems to be working fine...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 01:34 AM
    you mean the bezel?
    06-09-09 01:35 AM
    No, I mean the black trackball mount (where I broke the tabs from)

06-09-09 01:44 AM
    sorry, didn't catch that. Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with the Bold to speak to this subject, best of luck.
    06-09-09 01:46 AM
    Even with 2 of the tabs broken, it should still hold in place once it is assembled. I'm just curious as to how you broke them. I'm a big guy, with big hands, who usually breaks a lot of sh*t, but I never broke them, lol.

Chris
    06-09-09 02:21 AM
    Even with 2 of the tabs broken, it should still hold in place once it is assembled. I'm just curious as to how you broke them. I'm a big guy, with big hands, who usually breaks a lot of sh*t, but I never broke them, lol.

Chris
    That's an answer I'd like too!! I'm not a very big guy.. I. Used a micro screwdriver to pop the metal tab.. Even when I put the original one back (then breaking the 2nd tab) I couldn't believe it myself!

06-09-09 02:28 AM
    That's an answer I'd like too!! I'm not a very big guy.. I. Used a micro screwdriver to pop the metal tab.. Even when I put the original one back (then breaking the 2nd tab) I couldn't believe it myself!

Could have just been a coincidence of the perfect circumstances and a little bit of bad luck. Oh well, it's working, right?

Chris
    06-09-09 02:31 AM
    i used a tip of an exacto blade when popping my trackball clip out. worked great.
    06-09-09 05:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD