I woke up this morning and went to go get my Bold. I was charging via USB and took the Bold off and now the screen is black with the LED saying red.

Its stuck like this, battery pull didn't do anything.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
    08-18-09 11:18 AM
    led says red, says says says

blinking? or its permanently on in red?
    08-18-09 11:47 AM
    Permanently red.
    08-18-09 11:53 AM
    Two things to try...

1. Plug in using the wall charger and wait a few minutes.

Or...

2. Remove the battery, plug in the USB cable, put the battery back in, and if the LED is still solid RED, pull the battery and pop it right back in.

Can't explain it. #1 has worked for me twice now. #2 worked for a friend recently on his Curve.

Hope it helps.
    08-18-09 01:13 PM
    i use the pull batt, plug in the charger (USB or wall), then i would wait for it to show the no batt icon, then plce the batt back in, you can also get JL Cmdr or BBSAK ready to wipe and as soon as you place the batt back in and it looks like it is or about to boot, wipe it, had to try that once when i got an error that wouldnt let me wipe once it was booted and showing the error on my Storm
    08-18-09 03:42 PM
    That's happened to me before, but usually a battery pull fixed it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 03:56 PM
    did you get it fixed?
    08-18-09 04:06 PM
    The above worked for me. Thanks a lot guys. I do think my battery is getting weaker and weaker everyday. After 5 minutes it dropped from 100 to 80. The last few weeks it has been going from 100 to 90 within the first 10 minutes of taking it off the charge.

08-18-09 06:29 PM
    Sounds like its time to buy a new M-S1(battery).

08-18-09 07:37 PM
    Help anyone,
    All the above didn't work for my dead BB. when i put the battery, the red light stays on for 1 minute and then starts to blink in intervals of 4. till the battery goes flat.

Anyone knows how to solve this? thankfully awaiting your responses
    12-03-09 01:01 PM
    Thanks a million man!!! was really sscared for a min...thanks a gain....will get back to u if i hav more issues....

Two things to try...

1. Plug in using the wall charger and wait a few minutes.

Or...

2. Remove the battery, plug in the USB cable, put the battery back in, and if the LED is still solid RED, pull the battery and pop it right back in.

Can't explain it. #1 has worked for me twice now. #2 worked for a friend recently on his Curve.

Hope it helps.
    12-21-10 12:50 AM
    Hi guys,

Please help me...

I will explain you my situation exactly. I had another bb bold 9000 which had a battery problem, tat mob went off and couldnt charge it at all.. no lights no display nothing, just wanted to check if its the battery problem, so i put the battery into my number 2 bb bold 9000, dint come on, so i thought its battery problem and had to put number 2 bb's battery back, wen i tried it dint come on, i just got the red light on then it wil constantly flash 4 times. Then i followed some previous enquiry suggestion and i was able to force wipe the OS and install OS 4 version and got it back on, it was working fine for a day, then the very next day widout my knowledge i used the old battery which was not workin and now again it went off, not the red light doesnt blink, it just stays on for 15 sec (approx) and goes off, then comes back on for 15 secs and goes off again.. This time i tried to wipe OS like i did last time, while doing it in between i get and error and it stops installation. My system is able to read my mob. wat could be the problem,, plz help me...
    10-20-11 04:34 PM
    i am so pissed!!!!
    900 usd for this phone!!! i didnt buy it at the phone store, but over the internet. Who do i go to now? I need blackberry support phone number
    10-24-11 11:39 AM
    i am so pissed!!!!
    900 usd for this phone!!! i didnt buy it at the phone store, but over the internet. Who do i go to now? I need blackberry support phone number
    $900 for a model 9000? That seem rather steep for a device that is 3 years old. Why not return it and ask for a refund?

Not sure if RIM has a direct line for tech support.
    10-24-11 06:04 PM
    it is a hardware problem, a lot of cases in bold like that. I think it breaks down the POWER IC or IC ZOKUS
    11-08-11 03:29 PM
    Try everything and my blackberry bold 9900 with only one week wont turn on, only the red led flashes all the time
    11-08-11 11:05 PM
    I have a bold 9700 and got a screen off ebay i ordered a 002/111 as thats what the old working screen was. the one that came was a 402/111.
    i have restored the phone updated software downgraded software and still only have a blacklight. the phone seems to function fine if i could actualy see what i was pressing etc.
    Any help much appreciated! Cheers!
    11-10-11 03:00 PM
    Tested on my dead Bold 9000

- Do not plug the phone any time soon.
    - Delete current version of Desktop Manager and install v4.6 preferrably without media manager
    - Uninstall any Blackberry operating systems on your PC (Windows control panel)
    - Re-boot the PC.
    - Installed the phone OS I knew my phone had.
    - Delete vendor.xml from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    - Re-boot the PC
    - Connect phone via usb
    - Launch Desktop Manager> Update Applications>START or
    - Launch via console "loader.exe /nojvm", then COM1 should appear on the list

If pc can not detect phone>on Blackberry Device Manager on taskbar klik Device Connection.
    then activate COM1

- The USB error should no longer appear and the software check list should.

Hope this will Help.
    11-25-11 03:14 AM
    After days of searching countless forums and trying just about everything (rice, button sequences, deleting current desktop manager software, etc) for help with my bold 9000 blinking red light and no boot up, I decided to go buy a new battery. I let it charge while the red light was blinking and black screen... after an hour, my bold was back in business.

Tiring search, but I'm happy that it's back in commission. Thanks
    12-15-11 02:38 AM
    I need help my bb is on a black screen nothing on it and the red led is on.I have tried everything i have seen on the net and nothing works bbsak will not connect to my bb and JL Cmder doe's nothing and the bb desk top manager wont load anything on it, nothing will it gets to connecting to JVM screen and gives me a wronging that it cannot connect. can someone please help!!!
    01-19-12 09:45 AM
    I need help my bb is on a black screen nothing on it and the red led is on.I have tried everything i have seen on the net and nothing works bbsak will not connect to my bb and JL Cmder doe's nothing and the bb desk top manager wont load anything on it, nothing will it gets to connecting to JVM screen and gives me a wronging that it cannot connect. can someone please help!!!

my problem exactly
    01-21-12 05:49 PM
    I have a blackberry curve 9330 it boots up but has a black screen and froze, it doesnt do anything cant use scroller or keyboard either any information would be grateful. Thanks in advance.
    11-10-12 04:41 AM
    Thank you for #2 it worked for my friend as well
    08-13-13 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD