So for everyone who has tried it, and has not - the bezel from cnn.cn is not OEM, its actually smaller than the silver one you get with your bold. I have the black bezel from cnn.cn .. it works but its a tad smaller and the keyboard does not pop out the same and well as you know its best to get new buttons but the buttons I got were soft and at first I had volume issues but I replaced the buttons with the ones that came from the bold original and it worked better.

I am wondering has anyone taken the old silver bezel off their phone and painted it ? Black not blue or any other color and do we have a pic some place.
    07-24-09 06:44 AM
    If you take very fine sandpaper, you will note that gently rubbing the OEM chrome/silver finish reveals a matte black base underneath. That may be the look you're going for, but if not, I'd suggest doing that prior to painting anyway. You always want to make sure the paint adheres well.

I can't recall who, but someone on the boards showed how sanding the finish off leaves you with a matte black finish. If I find it, I'll hook you up with the link.

Let us know how it goes...
    07-24-09 07:32 AM
    It was me, I'm on my phone now. But when I get to work ill show a pic of what it looks like

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 07:39 AM

thats what the finish looks like after i wetsanded the top with 2000 grit sandpaper..
    07-24-09 08:05 AM
    I have repainted a coulpe bezels with auto paint and they came out great....the only problem was that I use a seidio spring clip holster and because the new paint jobs left the bezels slightly larger because of the paint build up the repetition of taking it in and out of the holster wore the paint off....the second one I did I was careful to sand it down enough and use minimal paint....had better results

07-24-09 09:54 AM
    I have the cnn black bezel and I can't tell the difference b/w the OEM silver. Buttons too.
    07-24-09 10:56 AM
    In several cases, the black bezel may cause problem to your loud speaker.
    07-24-09 11:31 AM
    It was me, I'm on my phone now. But when I get to work ill show a pic of what it looks like

hey rikkshady. finally did it man. looking super amazing! i'll post pics later. ALL black with silver buttons
    07-24-09 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD