I just got a black bezel from ebay. It was made of plastic. when I tried to install it, it is very hard to get the main board and screen into the bezel. I ended up took off the screen from the mother board. after I installed it, it left quite a gap between the battery cover and the bezel near the power plug spot. anyone having this kind of issue with this?

I was wondering if someone could refer me to a good seller that sells black bezel made of METAL instead of plastic and includes the side button and unbranded front bottom cover. it would be nice if they include the "RED" keyboard also. Is there anyone have ever seen white keyboard? Please advise.
    06-17-09 06:52 PM
    as far as I know there are no black bezels made of metal. even the silver ones are just painted plastic. make sure you get a OEM bezel and not one of those cheap knock-offs out there. you could try cnn.cn, people say good things about them.
    06-17-09 07:31 PM
    i heard mix responses about cnn.cn...like it chips and stuff.

I order my bezels from ebay, seller: pmonmon
    06-17-09 09:01 PM
    06-17-09 09:02 PM
    It says metal I am ordering one again from cnn.cn. We'll see what happen. or should I cancel it and buy it from Ishop? I kinda confused here.
    06-17-09 09:07 PM
    i got mine from cnn.cn for couple months now. i am having no problems with it. even from just the wear and tear, there are no paint peelings at all, just some scruff marks.
    06-17-09 09:10 PM
    i got mine from cnn.cn for couple months now. i am having no problems with it. even from just the wear and tear, there are no paint peelings at all, just some scruff marks.
    so, will it fit perfectly on your bold? the one I am having does not fit. Is there little gap on the side?
    06-17-09 09:22 PM
    I sanded my cnn.cn bezel and spray painted it flat black. What a difference! It doesn't chip, fade or scratch and it looks OEM. Thanks Valspar premium paint! From now on I'm just going to purchase the cheaper OEM Bold bezels, sand them and paint them myself. There are so many colors you can do!
    06-17-09 10:27 PM
    omg. I have been ripped off then. the bezel I just bought does not even fit perfectly into my bold. Could I just sand the silver OEM bezel I have and paint them to other color? did you spray the bezel, dipped or paint it using brush?
    06-17-09 10:37 PM
    so, will it fit perfectly on your bold? the one I am having does not fit. Is there little gap on the side?
    none at all.
    06-17-09 10:37 PM
    omg. I have been ripped off then. the bezel I just bought does not even fit perfectly into my bold. Could I just sand the silver OEM bezel I have and paint them to other color? did you spray the bezel, dipped or paint it using brush?
    Spray paint....its so easy.
    06-17-09 10:46 PM
    i think you just havent put it on properly. i bet you will have the same issue with any other bezel you buy. if you watch the installation video you will know you were already meant to take the lcd off the main board. watch the video and you will have no issues. but unless you do that you will have the same problem no matter how many you buy
    06-17-09 11:10 PM
    i think you just havent put it on properly. i bet you will have the same issue with any other bezel you buy. if you watch the installation video you will know you were already meant to take the lcd off the main board. watch the video and you will have no issues. but unless you do that you will have the same problem no matter how many you buy
    you do not have to take the LCD off the board to swap a bezel.

I have changed the bezel and trackball without ever taking my LCD off the board.
    06-17-09 11:41 PM
    you do not have to take the LCD off the board to swap a bezel.

I have changed the bezel and trackball without ever taking my LCD off the board.
    first of all, I tried to fit in without taking my LCD off. but it is almost impossible to go in (I dont want to break anything, lol). When I take the LCD off and try to fit in, it is little bit tight. When I put everything back on, I noticed that there are gaps between the battery cover and the bezel near at the top part on the left and the right side of the phone. I was thinking that something is not right with the bezel. well, I might try redo all the process again. we'll see if the gap would still be there.
    06-18-09 01:11 AM
    I just opened it again and see what happen. The gaps are still there. I decide to change it back to the silver OEM bezel until the one from cnn.cn come. we'll see what happen.. =(

P.s: I dont have to take the LCD off the mainboard when installing back the OEM bezel.
    Last edited by Ichigo; 06-18-09 at 01:31 AM.
    06-18-09 01:25 AM
    hold on a second, the gaps you are talking about at the top of the phone on the left and the right, are you sure its a gap and not just a gap for the speakers?
    06-18-09 04:29 AM
    I sanded my cnn.cn bezel and spray painted it flat black. What a difference! It doesn't chip, fade or scratch and it looks OEM. Thanks Valspar premium paint! From now on I'm just going to purchase the cheaper OEM Bold bezels, sand them and paint them myself. There are so many colors you can do!
    Wow sounds pretty cool. Now I have 2 questions:

Can u post pics of ur blackberry from front and back?

Did u change the casing yourself or did u have it done professionally?

OmZ
    06-18-09 04:49 AM
    Nope, I have check it.. That is not the gap for the sound of the speaker to come out. It is between the battery cover and the bezel.
    06-18-09 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD