Friday afternoon I noticed my Bold was a little quiet but thought nothing of it until I got home and as soon as the Bold connected to my home WiFi it went berserk with umpteen emails, pin messages etc.

I then switched off wifi and learned that through BIS I was able to send but not receive.

Now I am unable to even receive through WiFi yet I can still send.

The Bold shows I am connected to BIS no problems and running a diagnostic tells me I'm connected, but no peer to peer.

I have tried everything I can think of to rectify this problem, reload os, delete and resend service books (which don't come through), re-register the hrt etc etc etc

I have now gone back to the Curve and everything is fine so its not the service provider, I have also spent a good while being spoken too like a child by Orange and surprise surprise that didn't fix it! I now have to wait for anything up to a week for Orange's technical department to get back to me, in the meanwhile I can use the Curve.

Just wondering if anyone on here can shed any light on the situation whilst I await Orange's call back?

Nanu
    01-19-09 08:47 AM
    Dunno mate. I would've suggested re-registering through HRT by you already done that.

Have you tried a different OS? .147 was good but there are better ones now. Orange released .162 so give that a go.
    01-19-09 09:35 AM
    The latest official OS is 4.6.0.216. If you want to install .216, download it and delete vendor.xml file before installing it on the device. I have been using .216 for a while now and you will notice significant improvement from .147 on memory, battery and overall performance.
    01-19-09 09:42 AM
    I was running .219 and have tried .162 and.190 since it started all to no avail!
    01-19-09 09:50 AM
    You must have removed it now in BIS to use the curve so, how about adding it again?
    01-19-09 10:07 AM
    Since you have registered with your Orange provider the Curve then you must enter the Bold's PIN and IMEI, on their website.

The Blackberry server identifies these PIN and IMEI codes which are are not connected to Orange recognizing the phone's SIM which identifies this phone with a telephone number.
    01-19-09 10:28 AM
    Hi, yes the Bold's pin and IMEI have been registered on the website, also if you change a device power it up and wait for it to connect to BIS before logging into the website, when you do the website will automatically acknowledge you have changed your device ask you to confirm the action without the need to enter the new pin.
    01-19-09 11:05 AM
    Delete al of your service books, and resend them from BIS. That's basically a reactivation ...
    09-25-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD