Hey everyone,

I've done some searching on Google (and this site) for an answer, but there seems to be a lot of different views. I thought I would see if there is a consensus on this board.

I have my work's Outlook account on a BIS plan. My problem is that emails that show up on my desktop often don't show up on my phone until quite a while later (30 minutes+). The same also occurs when messages are deleted on my desktop (i.e. they remain on my phone for quite a while).

Its not a big issue, but I was wondering if there was any way to increase the frequency of the reconciliations. My understanding is that BES give much more flexibility in this department, but BIS frequency is out of my hands.

Is that correct? Or is there are way that I can make my Outlook inbox and Blackberry inbox talk to each other every few minutes?

Thanks heaps for any ideas and suggestions.
    07-30-09 09:29 PM
    There is no way to fix it. Sometimes it will go at the exact same time and sometimes it can take a few hours

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 11:10 PM
    Thanks for that.

Not the answer I was hoping for (but it is the one I was expecting).
    07-30-09 11:16 PM
    BES reconciles almost immediately, BIS doesn't unless your email provider supports IMAP Idle.

Otherwise BIS will poll your email at 15 minute intervals. When it finds mail it pushes it to the device and checks again in 2 minutes. If there's more mail that's push and the shorter checks continue until no new email is found and then it's back to 15 minute checks.

In short, if your work email doesn't support IMAP IDLE then the only way to get what you're looking for is to go down the BES route.
    07-31-09 06:08 AM
    07-31-09 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD