I have an unlocked AT&T 9700, I will be traveling and plan to buy a prepaid SIM with BIS service.

Will I be able to swap out the sims or do I need to de-register my AT&T BIS account and create a new one with the new carrier?
    07-14-11 04:09 PM
    you wont need to de register, but if you will be using BIS you will be having to register it with the new carrier.

at least i never de registered with Bell when using a TMO Flexpay Sim
    07-14-11 04:19 PM
    I have an unlocked AT&T 9700, I will be traveling and plan to buy a prepaid SIM with BIS service.

Will I be able to swap out the sims or do I need to de-register my AT&T BIS account and create a new one with the new carrier?
    You don't have to de-register, you'll automatically be registered on the prepaid BIS SIM.

however..I do not recommend registering any e-mails with the prepaid BIS service because whenever I have done so with my Bold 9650 overseas, upon coming back home and re-registering with Sprint (home provider) I wasn't able to register any e-mails with Sprint's BIS and my PIN was still tied to the prepaid provider overseas, even though everything else worked perfectly (browser, BBM etc), and it takes a call to second-level customer support to escalate it to RIM, who then releases your pin, to solve it
    07-14-11 04:24 PM
    Sorry, I should have been more clear, I need to use it for email.

I need to access email on my BB overseas.
    07-14-11 09:27 PM
    you can just get a PRE-PAID data plan included, not available by all carriers but try to look for that.

then just activate it. it will do the job.
    07-16-11 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD