I"m on my 4th Bold. Just got it a few days ago (another refurb), and this one is acting odd with my BIS connection. The little BlackBerry logo just randomly dissapears every few minutes, and comes back on after about 10 seconds. It's really annoying when I'm downloading data. The 3G logo stays, and the bars are still full, but the BIS connection goes. I'm running the latest OS released by AT&T (.148). Is this a hardware, OS, or BIS connectivity issue? Anything I can do to fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 09:52 AM
    Blackberry, why must you hate me so?
    06-11-09 10:04 AM
    If the other three did the same thing, I would say connectivity.
    06-11-09 10:05 AM
    No the others had different problems:

Bold 1: Data connection rediculously bad. Not BIS, 3G.
    Bold 2: Battery connection loose. Bold would constantly reset when tapped on the side, until it finally just crashed and never turned on again.
    Bold 3: Certain buttons stopped working randomly for no reason.
    Bold 4: Current BIS issue

I've had plenty of issues before with BIS. Bold 3 just fell of the BIS server and my connection had to be reset by AT&T. That's what I'm trying now. But this one's connection works 75% of the time.

I'm not even going to mention the countless other issues I've had with the OS. I really like BlackBerry, but I need to spend time fixing something literally every 2 weeks, on average. If this problem isn't resolved by AT&T today I'm making them replace my Bold with an iPhone. I just don't have the patience for this BS anymore.
    06-11-09 10:25 AM
    No the others had different problems:

Bold 1: Data connection rediculously bad. Not BIS, 3G.
    Bold 2: Battery connection loose. Bold would constantly reset when tapped on the side, until it finally just crashed and never turned on again.
    Bold 3: Certain buttons stopped working randomly for no reason.
    Bold 4: Current BIS issue

I've had plenty of issues before with BIS. Bold 3 just fell of the BIS server and my connection had to be reset by AT&T. That's what I'm trying now. But this one's connection works 75% of the time.

I'm not even going to mention the countless other issues I've had with the OS. I really like BlackBerry, but I need to spend time fixing something literally every 2 weeks, on average. If this problem isn't resolved by AT&T today I'm making them replace my Bold with an iPhone. I just don't have the patience for this BS anymore.
    Can't blame you. For me, there would have never been a third or fourth.
    06-11-09 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD