Hi CB Nation,

I have a 9700 on swisscom, and I have a problem. My phone used to connect to the 3G Network and BIS perfectly fine until about 5 weeks ago. It still connects to the 3G, but the symbol stays small (no data/no bis). If I turn the network settings to 2G only, I have no trouble connecting to the BIS and Data, and I also don't drop the signal. The wierd thing is that it used to work perfectly and now 3G just doesent properly work.

I have tried everything I can think of, I bought a new sim card, reloaded preveious OS versions where It worked on, resend registration message, deleted my bis and so on. What else could I try??

Please help, as thiss is a 3G phone and I want to use 3G

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 05:42 PM
    sounds like it could be an issue with your carrier, have you tried calling them?
    06-06-10 06:44 PM
    Just recently in my area there was a 3G outtage that lasted several weeks...I would get with some people you know that have similar 3G/2G capable devices that live in your area and ask them if they are having the same issues

06-06-10 08:06 PM
    Data is data as far as the device is concerned. Sounds like your carrier has uSGSN issues for 3G vs SGSN issues for 2G. If 2G data is working it it very unlikely they are using the same SGSN for 2G and 3G. Most markets are covered by more than one RNC and every RNC is using a different SGSN. That said, this happens as you move around? Your carrier will have to tell you a specific location to be served by another RNC.

Last edited by shansmi; 06-06-10 at 08:40 PM.
    06-06-10 08:34 PM
    Hmmm... All of my friends with 3G blackberries have no problem connecting.

06-07-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD