Anyone have Bing on their Bold? What are your opinions? What are the pros and cons to it?
    08-07-09 01:48 AM
    I think google is the best so far

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 02:00 AM
    Google eats Bing.

08-07-09 06:30 AM
    We all have Bing on the Bold -- it's still called Live Search there. It's just a bit different than Google on the Bold, and I kind of like it in some respects. On the PC, it's not much different than Google (other than the previews of the pages when you run the cursor over the link). On the Bold though, it brings up the first two web links and the first five images automatically, as opposed to Google, which brings up ten links and leaves it to you to decide whether you want to see images. Also, the navigation to subsequent search term pages appears cleaner -- it leaves out the 10 numbered pages on Google for just a "next" link.
    08-07-09 06:36 AM
    I like Bing. For mapping/GPS, it will grab an address from your contact list unlike Google Maps and much like BBMaps.
    08-07-09 08:32 AM
    We all have Bing on the Bold -- it's still called Live Search there. It's just a bit different than Google on the Bold, and I kind of like it in some respects. On the PC, it's not much different than Google (other than the previews of the pages when you run the cursor over the link). On the Bold though, it brings up the first two web links and the first five images automatically, as opposed to Google, which brings up ten links and leaves it to you to decide whether you want to see images. Also, the navigation to subsequent search term pages appears cleaner -- it leaves out the 10 numbered pages on Google for just a "next" link.
    I agree, Bing blows Google out of the water on mobile and on the PC. Much easier to search for what I'm looking for.
    08-07-09 08:39 AM
    I like Bing. For mapping/GPS, it will grab an address from your contact list unlike Google Maps and much like BBMaps.
    If you go into your address book there is an option "Show on Google Maps". Just highlight their contact and hit the Blackberry mutton (menu).
    08-07-09 10:29 AM
    their OTA download is
    Bing

m. bin.com/ download
    this is from your phone not a pc. Pn a pc it says you are not from a phone

The interface for the Bold works nicely
    I especially like the 'traffic' maps so that you can plan a trip locally
    I am not sure yet + or - comparing the search vs goggle (I have personal preference for goggle)
    Last edited by mandony; 08-07-09 at 03:12 PM.
    08-07-09 11:04 AM
    Bing has more features (voice control, etc).

problem is, unless they updated Bing recently, it has some issues on BB. Works great on WM though.
    08-07-09 11:14 AM
    their OTA download is
    Bing

The interface for the Bold works nicely
    I especially like the 'traffic' maps so that you can plan a trip locally
    I am not sure yet + or - comparing the search vs goggle (I have personal preference for goggle)
    It says 'live search', not Bing.

08-07-09 12:53 PM
    It says 'live search', not Bing.

type in your phone browser
    m. bing.com / download (no spaces)
    Bing
    this is from your phone, not a pc. From a PC it says they are not able to detect your phone.
    Your browser option setting must be set for browser identification "Blackberry"
    Last edited by mandony; 08-07-09 at 03:17 PM.
    08-07-09 03:13 PM
    Forget Google, even Yahoo! murdered Bing... Anyone tried Wolfram Alpha on the BB browser?
    08-07-09 03:41 PM
    type in your phone browser
    m. bing.com / download (no spaces)
    Bing
    this is from your phone, not a pc. From a PC it says they are not able to detect your phone.
    Your browser option setting must be set for browser identification "Blackberry"
    From the phone, it says Bing for Windows Mobile, and I have the Bold which is not a windows mobile phone, and it still says 'Live Search' is for Blackberry.
    So...there is no Bing for Blackberry?
    08-07-09 06:02 PM

This says Bing for Windows Mobile

This says Live Search for Blackberry.
    08-07-09 06:06 PM
    Here is the link to download it and install OTA http://mobile.search.live.com/client...earchBB460.jad

Or click here then click on the download link http://m.bing.com/download/
    08-07-09 09:08 PM
    If you go into your address book there is an option "Show on Google Maps". Just highlight their contact and hit the Blackberry mutton (menu).
    Sure but it seems counter-intuative to go to address then maps to start planning a route. I'll try it though.

08-07-09 09:21 PM
    I downloaded and installed it. I'll see how I like it once I try it.
    08-07-09 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD