I am very satisfied with the Bold 9930 after two weeks. Good build quality, similar battery life to my 9650, display is great, and so on. What I am disappointed with is having so many apps that have yet to be made available in the App Store that were available on the 9650. My list is short, but I am sure there are many others that are "unavailable for this device":

PayPal
    eBay
    LinkedIn
    Groupon
    Movela
    Shazam
    09-01-11 11:09 AM
    Download them individually from the developers' websites. They pretty much all work as os 7 is basically just os 6.1; it's just that developers haven't marked them as os 7 compatible on app world yet in nmany cases, even though they usually are.
    09-01-11 11:26 AM
    Download them individually from the developers' websites. They pretty much all work as os 7 is basically just os 6.1; it's just that developers haven't marked them as os 7 compatible on app world yet in nmany cases, even though they usually are.
    Already tried that with the first one on his list Pandora is knowhere to be found!!
    09-01-11 11:34 AM
    That's unfortunate, but I don't think RIM can be blamed for this or the phone itself though? The developers are responsible for their own compatibility issues.

In the case of Ebay though, RIM is the developer, so yes I think that is a little shoddy as their own stuff should be available out of the box.
    09-01-11 11:40 AM
    That's unfortunate, but I don't think RIM can be blamed for this or the phone itself though? The developers are responsible for their own compatibility issues.

In the case of Ebay though, RIM is the developer, so yes I think that is a little shoddy as their own stuff should be available out of the box.
    I would agree but its just that Rim dev relations just arent on par with other platforms. For example on iOS Apple will give the devs the next software and make sure the apps are ready and compatible before they release a new device.
    09-01-11 11:44 AM
    If it were that easy, I wouldn't have bothered posting! :-)

09-01-11 11:48 AM
    I don't think it will take much longer for more apps to appear. Developers want to sell as many as possible so it dosent matter what platform you have.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-01-11 11:54 AM
    RIM is indeed trying hard. I've posted on another forum about how RIM is going the extra mile to get apps updated for OS7 compatibility. Bottom line, though, is that developers need to step up, test their apps, and update the compatible device list for their apps.
    09-01-11 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD