I had a 3rd party Theme on my phone that i deleted. I backed up my phone before deleting from the Desktop Mngr. When I removed it i noticed that blackberry messenger was also in the list of apps to be removed. I went back and double checked and found that it was ver. 4.6, but i also have ver 5.0 (unreleased ver) on my phone. Ver 5.0 was still checked in the list to stay on the phone because if i left ver 4.6 it would dwngrade from 5.0. So i removed 4.6. Once the removal was completed my phone gave me a bunch of missing perameter errors (seen them before didnt think it was a huge issue) and it was reverted to the default theme w/ the default apps on the main screen so i thought ok, i will have the tedious job of moving the apps to where i want them again, but when i looked for my message apps (BBM, AIM, Facebook, E-mail, SMS) the icons are all missing. There are some game icons missing too. I checked the applications list under options / advanced options and they are all listed there NOTHING is missing fromt he phone but i cannot find them ANYWHERE on the phone. I checked to see if there were hidden, maybe in other files...nothing. I also did a restore from the backup file from before...again nothing. Can anyone help find what im missing w/o having to reset everything to factory settings? If not then how do i restore factory settings? I will just have to cut my losses and figure lesson learned.
    08-18-09 11:29 AM
    The first thing I would do is a battery pull.
    08-18-09 11:31 AM
    The first thing I would do is a battery pull.
    Im ashamed to say that..... THIS ACTUALLY WORKED!!!! Something as simple as pulling the friggin battery out and replacing it fixed this issue. Thanks for the cold water to the face to bring me back to reality!
    08-18-09 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD