Finally got round to getting all the parts to black out the Bold. Ordered from a UK eBay seller on friday and arrived this morning. Nice matt black bezel with all the buttons and even the mesh around the speaker and mic.

Installation was simple but my only advice would be to be patient.

I was a little worried about the size of the G1 trackball but its the same size as the original and same texture too, nice and grippy.

Here is the link for all you crackberry'ers in the UK and Europe.

Black Bezel & Trackball UK

Will post some pics later on...
    Last edited by Boldest Berry; 07-27-09 at 10:54 AM.
    07-27-09 10:51 AM
    Cheers for that mate. Will be waiting for your pics before I order.
    07-27-09 01:11 PM
    Here's a pic of the finished product. Might even pickup the all white keypad he has, still deciding though. Just had to take it apart again to swap the black charging contacts with the silver so it works with my charging pod.

07-28-09 01:42 PM
    Nice one! cheers fella.

I got the same 'problem' with the left shortcut key (a bit wonky)..that's one of the reasons why I want to change the bezel, etc. Does the new set fix that?

I have a charging pod also so how hard is it to change the contacts? could I just scrape the paint off?
    07-28-09 01:56 PM
    Sorry, forgot to ask if the bezel came with the mesh for the top speaker?
    07-28-09 05:57 PM
    Not sure about the wonky side key. Once you open up the phone you'll most likely see what the issue is.

Don't go through the hassle of scraping off the paint. Easier to just take the silver contacts out of your current bezel and switch them. You'll see the flat piece of the contact wedged in by a notch on the bezel. Just get a stanley and pry it up then push the contact from the outside and it'll pop out.

Yeah came with mesh for speaker and mic.
    07-28-09 08:53 PM
    thats looking nice.. can i ask what theme you have?
    07-28-09 08:59 PM
    Cheers Boldest.
    07-28-09 09:06 PM
    thats looking nice.. can i ask what theme you have?

Hulksters Bold Themes

You'll have to go to the link from the berry browser.
    07-29-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD