Due to an unfortunate accident, the silver part of my bezel has become scratched in many places. I love my Bold and want to replace the bezel without voiding the warranty. Is there a way to do this without sending it out to RIM to have them fix it?
    07-29-09 08:44 AM
    just make sure when you take the bezel apart-that you take off and save that little white sticker over one of the screws and put it back after u have assembled everything together.
    07-29-09 08:47 AM
    I have never removed the Bezel before. Is it relatively easy?
    07-29-09 08:49 AM
    It is actually very easy to do. It took me about 5 mins to take it apart put the new bezel on and screw everything back together.

Just make sure when you order the new bezel that it comes with the speaker mesh and everything already on it, as this makes it that much easier.

Most important of take your time, do not rush it the first time. Once you've done it once you can almost do it in your sleep the next time.

There are some good videos on youtube that give step by step instructions on how to take it apart
    07-29-09 09:03 AM
    Awesome, that is some weight off my shoulders. Also, where do you reccomend that I purchase my new bezel from? I just want a basic replacement bezel.
    07-29-09 09:05 AM
    I went through Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co. and order a black one, but if I recall they do have the silver one. Shipping was fast I ordered monday and had it wednesday morning and the quality is really good.
    Last edited by jackie treehorn; 07-29-09 at 09:12 AM. Reason: changed link to go straight to the page with the bezels
    07-29-09 09:08 AM
    You could also try this site as well dealsishop
    07-29-09 09:15 AM
    I will only be replacing the silver edging.
    07-29-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD