Do ATT customers in the US get better radio signal (3G) with vodafone UK's OS .282 (as opposed to Rogers')???

Also can ATT customers still switch between 2G&3G and just 2G with the UK .282?

Are picture uploads any faster with the UK vodafone version??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 10:33 AM
    I'm actually on Vodafone UK but I'm using the Asian .282 as it came out before Vodafones. I can honestly say that everything seems much improved and I couldn't be happier with it. The most noticable difference for me was the battery life. I get about two days out of my Bold now with some quite heavy use at nights. My 3G signal is also excellent but I think that's more due to the area I'm in.

07-26-09 12:50 PM
    Ithink the voda does have better holding to 3G, and I'm getting good edge as well. It does still have the 3g/2g switch.

Pictures don't load any faster.

07-26-09 01:57 PM
    I switched 2 days ago from Rogers to Vodaphone, I'm getting better 3g signal and better memory stability.

07-26-09 02:17 PM
    I'm really interested in this. I have the asian version and it does keep dropping from 3g to edge. Is this worth upgrading to?

07-26-09 02:22 PM
    Have Vodafone released .282 as i have just plugged my bold in and no update
    Last edited by KBV1; 07-26-09 at 02:43 PM.
    07-26-09 02:40 PM
    07-26-09 03:06 PM
    How come that has not come on auto download via DM? Right im off to do that now heehee
    07-26-09 04:37 PM
    Well i updated last night and WOW! the signal is so much better. In work i used to get GPRS now im get 3-4 bars of 3G signal which is awesome! Glad i came accross this thread now. Thanks!!
    07-27-09 02:05 AM
    Well i updated last night and WOW! the signal is so much better. In work i used to get GPRS now im get 3-4 bars of 3G signal which is awesome! Glad i came accross this thread now. Thanks!!
    I also have this version and oh yes signal is much better. Sound is also better than the asian .282 version. Only question I have is has anyone noticed that internet speeds seem to be slower? And I am not able to tether with this version like I did with the asian version

07-27-09 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD