Hi! i was just wondering which is better and safer for the bold. A battery pull or Alt+control+ Del to reset the phone???
    06-07-09 08:53 AM
    Battery pull is always going to be better than A+C+D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 08:56 AM
    can you please tell me why its better?? just wondering?
    06-07-09 09:00 AM
    There's just some memory that can't be retrieved whil using A+C+D, whereas with a battery pull, you gain almost all of it back.

06-07-09 09:09 AM
    But, with constant battery pulls comes the possibility of screwing up the battery! You can easily damage the battery. So I would suggest using the keypad method or getting an app like QuickPull and only doing a real battery pull once a week.

06-07-09 09:11 AM
    But, with constant battery pulls comes the possibility of screwing up the battery! You can easily damage the battery. So I would suggest using the keypad method or getting an app like QuickPull and only doing a real battery pull once a week.

No way. Please tell how this is possible?
    06-07-09 09:44 AM
    Well, maybe I should have rephrased it! Cause on my battery, I've really damaged the outer part of the battery, the coating that is on it. From the tight fit, it has peeled away that part.

06-07-09 09:50 AM
    I still never see a difference in memory from a batt pull or alt + shift + del.

It does the exact same thing and am not convinced otherwise.

06-07-09 10:11 AM
    Lately I find myself being one of the batt pull skeptics around here aswell.

I get the exact same memory on reboot, regardless of how I do it.

QuickPull
    Battery Pull
    Keyboard Reset

I also find myself being quite fond of the keyboard reset, its easier, and quicker.

I honestly don't think there is any real difference between them, and because of that I haven't done a battery pull since I got my replacement phone.
    06-07-09 10:33 AM
    Hi! i was just wondering which is better and safer for the bold. A battery pull or Alt+control+ Del to reset the phone???
    If you don't like pulling the battery, do a double soft reset, and it is the same as pulling the battery. A+C+D when the white screen appears, A+C+D again.
    06-07-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD