Ok, I'll try to change the settings back to get it again, I had followed the instructions included in the download, but still had to change the permissions under the app menu. I'll post or email the exact error as soon as I can get it back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 01:24 PM
    Ok, I'll try to change the settings back to get it again, I had followed the instructions included in the download, but still had to change the permissions under the app menu. I'll post or email the exact error as soon as I can get it back.

I will update the instructions on Mobihand.

After setting permission to Allow, it will work. Many others have done the same thing.
    07-06-09 07:24 PM
    I already had, sorry for any confusion, that was why I couldn't get the exact error message again. Heck I'm just glad that for once I was able to give you some useful feedback.

07-10-09 01:58 PM
    looks and sounds good.

e-mail sent.
    07-10-09 02:37 PM
    Ok, two things. First when attempting to use the weather feature, with either set of units, it will only give me the weather for Brooklyn, NY. This is a problem since I live about 150 miles from Brooklyn and haven't been there in over a year. I've already checked the faq, updated my gps, and tried to changge my location on that page and all are either impossible or have no effect. Secondly, I don't know if the faq is just out of date, or if this is news to you but the app will also launch uberwtitter, FreeRange and the new Wordpress app.

07-11-09 06:27 AM
    I already had, sorry for any confusion, that was why I couldn't get the exact error message again. Heck I'm just glad that for once I was able to give you some useful feedback.

I added a message to the new version of SHortcutMe (3.4.1.2) so that when permission exception is found it will inform the user how to set the permission.
    07-11-09 10:22 PM
    Ok, two things. First when attempting to use the weather feature, with either set of units, it will only give me the weather for Brooklyn, NY. This is a problem since I live about 150 miles from Brooklyn and haven't been there in over a year. I've already checked the faq, updated my gps, and tried to changge my location on that page and all are either impossible or have no effect. Secondly, I don't know if the faq is just out of date, or if this is news to you but the app will also launch uberwtitter, FreeRange and the new Wordpress app.

New version of ShortcutMe has embedded info and examples for shortcut settings.
    For example when you set the AppName in Shortcut Setting Page, then you can use the button called "Set Parameter ..." to see an example and info about how to set proper parameter for the selected application.

For the weather application, whatever that you can find using Yahoo! Weather can also be set for your shortcut in ShortcutMe.
    Nothing more and nothing less.
    If you go to Yahoo! Weather and find the city of your interest then you can add it's CODE in your shortcut.

I will add those 3 apps to the list of apps that can be launched. Thanks.
    07-11-09 10:34 PM
    Ahhh ok, I guess I should have actually played around with the weather feature a bit more then, that's my mistake. I knew about setting the parameters for most apps, just hadn't worked with it for the weather. Sorry bout that one then.

07-12-09 02:54 PM
    ShortcutMe 3.4.2.0 is now on the OTA link.

Some minor changes comparing to 3.4.1.2:

- More Main Page styles (Semi Transparent and Partly Transparent) available for Styles field in Common Config page .

Even that it is not much change, please update so that if you see any bug, then we know what version we are talking about.
    07-13-09 08:15 AM
    Ok, so far it looks clean to me, I do like the changes in the styles. Keep up the excellent work.
    07-15-09 08:38 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD