So, its finally official that AT&T will release the 9900 on Nov 6th, and I've been waiting FOREVER. So I want to make sure i can get it asap and everything is perfect.

Is the best way to get it online at Nov 5th midnight?

Also, I only found one screen protector on the crackberry store and it seem to have mixed review. Any other suggestions?

Im also really new to the software stuff, should I download those updated versions OS? something llke "Official OS 7.0.0.439 for the BlackBerry Bold 9900 from WIND"?

Thanks in advance!
    Really hoping to get my hands on one asap after all the wait!
    11-04-11 10:35 PM
    So, its finally official that AT&T will release the 9900 on Nov 6th, and I've been waiting FOREVER. So I want to make sure i can get it asap and everything is perfect.

Is the best way to get it online at Nov 5th midnight?

Also, I only found one screen protector on the crackberry store and it seem to have mixed review. Any other suggestions?

Im also really new to the software stuff, should I download those updated versions OS? something llke "Official OS 7.0.0.439 for the BlackBerry Bold 9900 from WIND"?

Thanks in advance!
    Really hoping to get my hands on one asap after all the wait!
    If you want it ASAP then better you get it from the store on Sunday.

I never use any screen protectors but if i ever decide to do then its going to be made by Zaggs.

when i will get it first i will upgrade OS to the latest available (Wind's) and then restore my contacts and all those routine stuff.

Good luck buddy !!!
    11-04-11 10:53 PM
    also why i prefer to pick it from the store because you can check phone carefully before pay for it, Capeche
    11-04-11 10:55 PM
    Thanks for the advice! But if I'm planning on getting it online.

It is true that it should come out at midnight Nov 5th right?
    Just gotta refresh and refresh...
    11-05-11 01:43 PM
    Thanks for the advice! But if I'm planning on getting it online.

It is true that it should come out at midnight Nov 5th right?
    Just gotta refresh and refresh...
    If you get it at midnight, you wont have it until Monday mid-day.... why not just wake up early and go pick it up where you can check for all the defects that are common.... light leak, squeaky track pad, trust me go to the store and save yourself the time.
    11-05-11 01:46 PM
    If you get it at midnight, you wont have it until Monday mid-day.... why not just wake up early and go pick it up where you can check for all the defects that are common.... light leak, squeaky track pad, trust me go to the store and save yourself the time.
    Yea thats true, but my problem is, its a family plan and its registered under my parent's name. And we are in different states right now...

I don't think they would let me upgrade even if I have all the information of my parent even their social.

I would totally get to the store early if someone can tell me they would still let me upgrade without being the owner of the account.

Thanks!
    11-05-11 01:51 PM
    Yea thats true, but my problem is, its a family plan and its registered under my parent's name. And we are in different states right now...

I don't think they would let me upgrade even if I have all the information of my parent even their social.

I would totally get to the store early if someone can tell me they would still let me upgrade without being the owner of the account.

Thanks!
    All you need to do is have your parents call AT&T and make you an "Authorized User" on the account that will allow you to upgrade in store.
    11-05-11 01:54 PM
    I upgrade all the time and I am under my sisters family plan. You shouldn't have any problems as long as you are authorized and have ss.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-11 01:54 PM
    All you need to do is have your parents call AT&T and make you an "Authorized User" on the account that will allow you to upgrade in store.
    Great! never thought it was that easy to get that done. Now im authorized and ready to get up early tomorrow lol.

So what are the major things that I have to check at the store tomorrow? like the machine and software stuff? and like how would i know what light is suppose to leak and stuff...

Sorry if its too many question, im going crazy a little since its so closeee
    11-05-11 02:51 PM
    Great! never thought it was that easy to get that done. Now im authorized and ready to get up early tomorrow lol.

So what are the major things that I have to check at the store tomorrow? like the machine and software stuff? and like how would i know what light is suppose to leak and stuff...

Sorry if its too many question, im going crazy a little since its so closeee
    Really you just want to check the edges of the phone and screen and make sure you dont see any light leaking from the cracks... use the track pad and make sure it isnt squeaky. Thats really all the issues you need to look for at this point.
    11-05-11 02:58 PM
    It will ship with .440 installed (according to many posts), so an update will not be necessary. Good luck, hope you get one!
    11-05-11 03:46 PM
    I pre-ordered one through my company for which it won't be available until Nov 7th and then I have to wait for them to ship it. Thankfully, the cost of the device, accessories, airtime and data plan are all borne by the company. I always wanted to drive a 9900 to compare it to my 9810.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-11 03:52 PM
    Just made a bunch of calls and found a store, I just went and put down 100bucks deposit and I'll pick it up tomorrow at 12 when it opens!
    Can't wait, thanks for all the input guys.
    11-05-11 05:19 PM
    It does ship with .440.

PG
    11-05-11 06:03 PM
    Were the bricking cases caused with the stock OS or a leaked OS?
    11-05-11 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD