What is the best way to encrypt contents of the Media card for the phone. Incase the phone gets lost or stolen. appreciate any feedback!!

Thanks
    08-11-11 12:51 PM
    Install blackberry protect and enable the GPS tracking from the blackberry protect (BlackBerry Protect) website.

Keep a backup copy of all contents, use TrueCrypt. When enabling encryption on the memory card, media recorded and photos taken, including video and voice notes, will be rendered useless when viewed on a computer. Just letting you know the downsides.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    data77 likes this.
    08-11-11 01:04 PM
    Install blackberry protect and enable the GPS tracking from the blackberry protect (BlackBerry Protect) website.

Keep a backup copy of all contents, use TrueCrypt. When enabling encryption on the memory card, media recorded and photos taken, including video and voice notes, will be rendered useless when viewed on a computer. Just letting you know the downsides.

What if i use the options in OS6. There is a Two-factor Protection?
    Can i put the strongest encryption for Contacts, Media Files and Media Card. And be assured if it gets lost. No one can pull my data from my microsd card? Appreciate any feedback!
    I am hoping if i have a copy of that data in my computer (copied from blackberry) I will be set.
    08-11-11 06:08 PM
    If your blackberry is ever lost, blackberry protect can allow you to wipe your device including the memory card. That way, nothing is ever seen. Keeping backups on your computer is always a good idea. That and encryption is good.

08-13-11 03:30 AM
    You also want to ceck smrtguard
    IMO is a better dial, if simply sim card gets removed ,BB protect cannot do nothing no more, no wipe, no tracing nothing.

Smrtguard at least will send an help SMS to your choosen number and an email everytime the sim card gets removed or swiched plus it does all the BB protect OTA back up, call blocking spam filtering antivirus ceck, 3rd part back up apps OTA.
    You can also lock,individuate and full wipe your device remotely until the device will get ERROR 507 , screencap can been done remotely as well.
    08-13-11 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD