05-13-09 12:35 PM
93 123 ...
tools
    Okay so i must have gone through like 10 different video converters and paid for 3 them, the reason i went through so many converters is because i was trying to find a converter that would give me video quality like speed racer demo that comes with the blackberry BOLD and i think i found, its dam near equal to the speed racer demo clip. There is a catch though......

nidesoft.com/blackberry-video-converter

Its not Free!!! There's a trail version, but then You have shell out $25 for the full version. I already know what your thinking... I AM NOT PAYING $25!!!

But let me tell you its really, really, really, worth it. I converted Ironman, The Dark Knight, and SIN CITY. It looks feakin beautiful, so crisp and clear. If you use this converter, you will truly be taking advantage of the Black Berry BOLD's VGA Screen. I swear its equal to speed racer demo clip. These are the settings i put in when converting videos.

VIDEO SIZE: 480x320
    CROP MODE: Full Screen
    Video Quality: 1200 kbps
    Audio Quality: 128 kbps (sounds great)

Feel free to try your own settings, but these worked out great for me. So go download it, install it and try it out, remember you get a trail version, you get to convert 2 minutes of video when using the trail version, so really have nothing loose. let me just say it will look beautiful on the the BOLD. Let me know how it works for guys BLACK BERRY BOLD #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-06-09 02:07 AM
    how is it compared to eRightSoft's Super? I am currently using that and my videos come out ok and the program is free.

but if the one you recommend converts better, i might make the jump!
    01-06-09 02:20 AM
    what were you converting from ?

I personally find that virtualdub with the xvid codec installed, converts my videos perfectly... and importantly, for free!
    01-06-09 03:13 AM
    I use handbrake, 64kbps audio and 500kbps video. Files size of 0.5gb for a 2 hour movie. Got 300 on there now. Faultless.
    Handbrake is free, though dvd needs a decrypter first (I use dvd fab - their decrypter is free)
    Whole process from putting the dvd in to getting a bold-ready movie takes about 3-4 hours.
    Check out the handbrake thread in the storm forums for more info!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 06:57 AM
    I had and iphone about a year ago, and i had over 100 videos from dvd collection converted for the iphone, so thats the format i converted my videos from.
    01-06-09 10:50 AM
    +1 for HandBrake using the iPhone/iPod conversion. Takes forever, but it's free and works perfect.
    01-06-09 11:55 AM
    I have used handbrake, and it is a darn good program, but audio doesnt synch consistently with the video. Seems like every minute or two, the video and audio is off a little, then it snaps back in synch. Great video quality though. I will try this new converter by nidesoft and see if its any better. Sounds promising.
    01-06-09 12:11 PM
    I use Roxio Toast Titanium.

Is this overkill? This is Custom on the Settings.

MPEG-4 Improve
    Resolution @ 480x320
    Video @ 1800 kbps
    Audio @ 192 kbps

Except for the Resolution this is how I Handbrake the DVD's to my iTunes. The average TV Show like The Office is around 350MB or 500+MB if it's a Full Hour Episode.

I bought Rihanna's Disturbia at Rogers Mall just to see the Quality. It's was pretty sad to pay/charge $3.50 and the quality is worst then YouTube, I think total file size is <25MB.
    Last edited by bembol; 01-06-09 at 12:44 PM.
    01-06-09 12:40 PM
    VIO Mobile video convert, it'll even give u a preview of how it would look on the bold before u start converting anddd its FREEEEEEEEEE. It allows me to crop out the blackbars from widescreen movies i use it on my curve but cant wait to get my bold
    01-06-09 01:33 PM
    VIO Mobile video convert, it'll even give u a preview of how it would look on the bold before u start converting anddd its FREEEEEEEEEE. It allows me to crop out the blackbars from widescreen movies i use it on my curve but cant wait to get my bold
    Oh is this the one from Piratebay? I tried looking for user experiences or reviews on it but couldn't find any as I think it's still quite new and hasn't caught on yet. Hope more people chime in about Vio.
    01-06-09 03:07 PM
    yeap its from piratebay, PM if you have any questions on it. One of my main reason's why i wanna go to the bold for the better resolution
    01-06-09 03:10 PM
    I use KeepVid for YouTube videos that I want to download. Works great, nothing to install. I will definitely try Handbrake, though.
    01-06-09 04:36 PM
    I tried this. When I hit "Encode" nothing happens. The UI says "Encoding..." but task manager shows no processes running for VIO, and no CPU activity.
    01-06-09 05:38 PM
    mac users....

use isquint, so simple

drag file into window, check optimize for ipod, check H.264 encoding, press advanced, make 480x320, and start.

handbrake is great to get dvds into your mac but isquint is the simplest solution to get video for your bold.

takes 700-900mb avi files down to 400-550 mp4 files

it rocks
    01-06-09 08:19 PM
    yeah i found that out last night, but i used curve videos i converted and they seem fine on my BOLD, imma try to use the curve option but change the resolution to 480x320 i'll let u know how it goes
    01-08-09 09:07 AM
    Quick question. I want to try this BUT I would like to ask if this will convert the individual chapters as a separate file. I want to convert a DVD but would like to do it in chapters so I don't have to watch the whole movie at once.
    01-12-09 10:17 PM
    Quick question. I want to try this BUT I would like to ask if this will convert the individual chapters as a separate file. I want to convert a DVD but would like to do it in chapters so I don't have to watch the whole movie at once.
    check the handbrake document in my signature.....that would do...
    01-12-09 10:48 PM
    Good work thanks

01-12-09 11:07 PM
    sounds awesome! i will definitely have to try it.
    01-13-09 01:19 AM
    I use AVS4YOU. It's great. Not free. But you can control every bit of the conversion. Plus you get decent editing such as brightness/contrast change, etc.
    01-13-09 03:35 AM
    I have used handbrake, and it is a darn good program, but audio doesnt synch consistently with the video. Seems like every minute or two, the video and audio is off a little, then it snaps back in synch. Great video quality though. I will try this new converter by nidesoft and see if its any better. Sounds promising.
    Did you enable ipod 5g support? That's meant to address issues with video and audio sync, and seems to do the job.

01-13-09 06:39 AM
    I use DVDFAB Platinum. It is NOT a free program, but i found it to be very user friendly. With the Mobile option it has an option to convert for many different mobile devices, like Ipod, PSP, etc.
    01-13-09 07:32 AM
    Hi to all,

First off, I'd like to thank all the people on this site who are helping Non-Blackberry users become very fluent users, and thanks for making my blackberry a better blackberry. Now, Does anyone know of a converter that can turn a Video that has a widescreen format to a Full Screen format for my Bold? I tried Vio Converter but its no good. I use a software called Blackberry converter witch is good and free but still keeps the widescreen format. hope someone can help once again! And Thanks in Advance !
    01-13-09 05:39 PM
    I think the issue will be that it looks mashed up on the sides. You can convert to whatever resolution you want, but it will not do the cropping.
    01-13-09 05:42 PM
    QUOTE=Granell1979;1406819]Hi to all,

First off, I'd like to thank all the people on this site who are helping Non-Blackberry users become very fluent users, and thanks for making my blackberry a better blackberry. Now, Does anyone know of a converter that can turn a Video that has a widescreen format to a Full Screen format for my Bold? I tried Vio Converter but its no good. I use a software called Blackberry converter witch is good and free but still keeps the widescreen format. hope someone can help once again! And Thanks in Advance ![/QUOTE]

Vio is the only one that worked for me that was free I'm still debating to pay for the nidesoft converter which I'm prolly going to end up doing cuz my goal is to that speed racer demo quality, sure wish RIM would jus tell everyone what program they used to convert there demo's

01-13-09 06:42 PM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD