Hi folks,

I was wondering if you could suggest me a place to sell my Blackberry Bold? Im not really keane on ebay, and I checked out some local shops aswell here in Newcastle...but they would only give me 150 Pounds

thanks for your advise or ideas....

indigoblues
    10-21-08 07:19 AM
    Ebay is your best bet mate, you are reaching out to a huge crowd and will surely get the better price.

Just wondering , when you sell a BB what so you do with regards to the PIN number already being registered??

i.e. buyer gets your bold and he tries to set up his email account on the BIS site but it says already registered??

Suppose I may as well ask also why the sale?
    10-21-08 07:39 AM
    Just wondering , when you sell a BB what so you do with regards to the PIN number already being registered??

i.e. buyer gets your bold and he tries to set up his email account on the BIS site but it says already registered??

You need to phone the network which you registered it with (so Orange in this case) and ask them to release the PIN.

Otherwise, as you say, the next person will not be able to register using that phone, as you already have an account set up with it.

By "releasing the PIN" it removes your old account, and then enables the new person to create their brand new account (just as you did when you first got the phone).

I had a similar issue when I sold my old Curve (O2) on eBay - the person who bought it couldn't create a logon or set up any e-mails on it. I phoned O2, and they released the PIN number. Then they could create a new account.

So....before you put it on eBay - phone Orange to release the PIN number!
    10-21-08 07:52 AM
    LOL! what if your old BB messenger PIN contacts carry on messaging you??
    10-21-08 08:02 AM
    LOL not sure , surely they thought of that
    10-21-08 08:03 AM
    When I've sold previous BB's, i've just registered my new device on BIS (and i think this deregisters the old one) so if people then try pin you, it just doent deliver...

Even after the new owner registers the device, 'your' pin messages wont go to him as its a new sim card and device registered elsewhere.

Sell the Bold anywhere in the USA since they're still waiting for it! --- ebay is your best bet for sure.
    10-21-08 09:06 AM
    Craigslist.
    10-21-08 09:30 AM
    You always get the most on eBay because of buyers who don't know where else to buy it. You could easily get $600+ if you sell it before AT&T's release.
    10-21-08 10:10 AM
    You always get the most on eBay because of buyers who don't know where else to buy it. You could easily get $600+ if you sell it before AT&T's release.
    He has 6 months left then before A T & T release
    10-21-08 10:28 AM
    thanks guys! so i'll put it on ebay in the next few days...@bodisaffa: I sell it because i need some additional cash It was a tough decision to make...i have a spare curve so i will not be without bb at all can buy a newer berry at a later time...

You think to call orange and release the PIN is a good idea? Im sure they will ask me why, and if im about to sell it could I not just give my login details to the buyer and he can set up the account under my login? or would that be too dangerous? yeah...probably ur right..gotta hurry up before AT&T releases it thanks guys...
    10-21-08 12:52 PM
    I have sold 2 blackberry's on ebay and bought 1 on ebay and with none of those did I ever call my provider to release any pin or anything. I just told my boyfriend the new PIN number and when I registered and set up my emails on the PC, I just did like laurent did and changed the gave the new PIN number. I've not heard from the person who bought my Pearl last week so I guess everything is ok there. Unless she is getting all my junk mail!
    10-21-08 05:20 PM
    Indigoblues - yep you will either need to release the PIN or give them your logon details to the BIS website. Either would work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD