hi guys, have been using the bold for quite a while now, and i love it. i am now thinking of buying one for my mom, and i am looking for a reputable place with competitive pricing. please advise. thks
    06-01-09 04:05 PM
    Might be selling mine in the near future.
    06-01-09 04:09 PM
    Try:
    jandr.com

mobilecityonline.com
    (you should call for in-store price)

wirefly.com (no contract upgrade then buy an unlock code)

Did you check out ATT with plans (compare with TM based upon initial coat plus the first year annual cost ... you can still 'ask' TM for unlimited email+web @19.99/mo) ... you can always ask ATT for unlock code

Beware of ebay and craigs list since you have little or no options if the phone was stolen, PINlocked, broken ...
    Last edited by mandony; 06-01-09 at 04:58 PM.
    06-01-09 04:48 PM
    This ain't the marketplace forums..the "selling mine" doesn't belong here.
    06-01-09 06:27 PM
    Might be selling mine in the near future.
    OMG I luv ur Calm Premium v2 Theme!! Soo cute
    great icons too
    06-02-09 06:30 PM
    Beware of ebay and craigs list since you have little or no options if the phone was stolen, PINlocked, broken ...
    I don't really have any other suggestions but please use the advice above.
    06-02-09 06:34 PM
    thanks for all the advice. i will try to avoid craigslist or ebay in that case.

anyway, i got one quick question for you all. ..

lets say if i want to know if the pin of the bold that i'm going to purchase is working or not, can i test it by using my current att simcard that has blackberry data plan? thks.
    06-03-09 10:14 AM
    Yep just pop your sim card in and pin someone you know...Craigslist isn't all that bad I've purchased four blackberies and neva had a problem...just make sure you test everythi
    ng out..Also a quick call to the carrier will tell you if pin is blocked or not...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 10:32 AM
    That's superb. Thanks a bunch for the infos.

06-04-09 03:04 AM
    howardforums also has a marketplace/classified section. ive done almost all purchasing and selling of my phones on there since 2002.
    06-04-09 03:32 AM
    alright guys, so i found new blackberry bold, not unlocked and seal in a box from att. do you guys think it is safe to buy this phone? what i mean is if the seller happen to have any issue with att, will my phone be blacklisted or blocked?
    06-04-09 09:48 PM
    is it brand new in box and never opened? then you are probably all good to go. who is selling it? someone eho got it as an upgrade? a retailer? online store? do they have feedbacks and seem like a trustworth place.
    06-04-09 09:58 PM
    is it brand new in box and never opened? then you are probably all good to go. who is selling it? someone eho got it as an upgrade? a retailer? online store? do they have feedbacks and seem like a trustworth place.
    its a random guy on craigslist. i will be paying cash, and i will def try it out with my att sim before i pull the trigger.
    06-05-09 12:47 AM
    well i personally stay away from craigslist. just make sure the PIN is clear. put your SIM in and try to register it on the BB network.
    06-05-09 02:50 AM
    I've bought a lot of phones on craigslist and never had a problem. If its local, have him or her meet you at att. If he won't, its prolly hot...lol

06-05-09 07:31 AM
    I've bought a lot of phones on craigslist and never had a problem. If its local, have him or her meet you at att. If he won't, its prolly hot...lol

i just did what you suggested. i met him at att and let the att guy run thru the phone IMEI and everything works out to be perfect. thank you!
    06-05-09 10:55 PM
    Call the carrier. Its Free.and when you get it. here are the instructions for the bold..
    1. Press the Menu key
    2. Scroll to and select Manage Connections. Select Turn All Connections Off.
    3. Press the red end key or the Escape key to go back to the Home screen.
    4. Scroll to and select the Options icon.
    5. Scroll to and select Advanced Options.
    6. Scroll to and select SIM Card.
    7. Type MEPD Note: When typing in MEPD the letters will not appear on the screen. This step opens up the personalization on the device.
    8. Type MEP then hold �ALT� key and type number 2. Note: When typing in MEP ATL 2 the letters/number will not appear on the screen, this step open up the �Enter Network MEP� box.
    9. Enter the unlock code.
    10. Press the trackball (�Code Accepted should display)
    11. Press and hold the red End key to turn the handheld off and then back on.
    12. Once the device has powered on, follow steps 1 & 2 and restore connections.
    06-06-09 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD