For me, OS6 is better than OS5, i find it has no bugs/errors and runs quicker and smoother than OS5, but thats just me The only problem i had with it was my computer wouldn't detect it, but eventually did and now is all good (Y)
    08-22-11 10:47 AM
    The ONLY difference between an 'official' and 'leaked' is that with the official a carrier has picked a leaked OS to distribute.

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...ndings-622331/
    The leaked version will not have all the carrier junk from your carrier which is good but it will also probably not have Visual Voice mail which for me at least is unacceptable.
    08-22-11 10:56 AM
    The leaked version will not have all the carrier junk from your carrier which is good but it will also probably not have Visual Voice mail which for me at least is unacceptable.
    Carrier junk is service book controlled, and will be pushed to your phone regardless of the OS being used.

VVM is an application, and is present in both leaked and official OS builds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 06:53 PM
    Carrier junk is service book controlled, and will be pushed to your phone regardless of the OS being used.

VVM is an application, and is present in both leaked and official OS builds.

So do you know any leaked OS 6 builds that support the AT&T VVM and don't themselves leak.
    08-22-11 09:06 PM
    So do you know any leaked OS 6 builds that support the AT&T VVM and don't themselves leak.
    You can have VVM on any OS build, leaked or official.
    If the cods aren't there, then install them OTA... http://www.theiexplorers.com/LeakedApps/VVM/VVM.jad

As for memory leaks, that's your phone not the OS

08-22-11 09:29 PM
    You can have VVM on any OS build, leaked or official.
    If the cods aren't there, then install them OTA... http://www.theiexplorers.com/LeakedApps/VVM/VVM.jad

As for memory leaks, that's your phone not the OS

Thanks for the link. However, memory leaks are definitely the OS. Hardware can't leak memory.
    08-23-11 08:58 AM
    Thanks for the link. However, memory leaks are definitely the OS. Hardware can't leak memory.
    I beg to differ. The 9700 and 9780 OS guts are basically the same, and I've never experienced more than a 1-2Mb memory leak on the 9780... on any OS, even using a 9700 Java swap.

So if it was the OS, then the 9780 would be suffering the same leaks.

08-23-11 09:23 AM
    I beg to differ. The 9700 and 9780 OS guts are basically the same, and I've never experienced more than a 1-2Mb memory leak on the 9780... on any OS, even using a 9700 Java swap.

So if it was the OS, then the 9780 would be suffering the same leaks.

It's the OS that is leaking. Why it would not do so on a 9780 is puzzling but the 9780 has twice the RAM. It's possible that the constrained RAM in the 9700 is triggering some sort of GC bug.

Can you point to any VVM setup instructions?
    08-23-11 09:54 AM
    Can you point to any VVM setup instructions?
    Only for the 9780... don't know if it will help?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-users-610268/

08-23-11 10:10 AM
    I find that 6.0.0.576 is the most stable build for my 9700. I shrank it considerably and added the .448 VVM .cods.
    08-23-11 11:06 AM
    Only for the 9780... don't know if it will help?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-users-610268/

Thanks. I will give that a try if I upgrade to a leaked OS 6. Only problem, no one was able to get VVM to work properly on the 9780.

I am leaning towards wiping my device and trying the 600 leaked version with the VVM hack. If I have problems, its back to 5.0.
    08-23-11 12:13 PM
    I have 0.600 and VVM works perfectly for me. Didn't even have to do anything special to get it working. I'm on AT&T

However, the memory leak thing drives me crazy as does the "low system memory" and the browsers general intolerance to bigger sites. I don't ever remember having those problems on the AT&T official, so I may switch back to it. Or I may just deal with it until I get my hands on a 9900.

08-23-11 04:10 PM
    I have 0.600 and VVM works perfectly for me. Didn't even have to do anything special to get it working. I'm on AT&T

However, the memory leak thing drives me crazy as does the "low system memory" and the browsers general intolerance to bigger sites. I don't ever remember having those problems on the AT&T official, so I may switch back to it. Or I may just deal with it until I get my hands on a 9900.

I just installed 600 and got VVM working by restoring the settings from backup as described in the link provided by Phil_UK. VVM seems to be working fine but the jury is still out on 600. So far it seems to be working better than the official AT&T build which was almost unusable for me. I did wipe the device this time before installing which may help also.
    08-24-11 11:07 AM
    .how do i shrink the os?
    06-30-13 06:54 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD