Does anyone have the best settings to get the best video quality using Handbrake. I have a DVD VOB file that I want to convert to put on my bold and im looking for the best possible settings for picture quality?

Thanks in advance
    12-13-08 03:11 PM
    I've heard the iPod settings are the best... Not sure which iPod though, but one of them have 480x320 I believe.

I believe there is a thread on 480x320 video converter settings. Look in there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 03:23 PM
    Does anyone have the best settings to get the best video quality using Handbrake. I have a DVD VOB file that I want to convert to put on my bold and im looking for the best possible settings for picture quality?

Thanks in advance
    download isquint from versiontracker.com

drag your file in the window, go to advance, set to 480x320, hit start

done...nice and simple
    12-13-08 03:25 PM

Thanks in advance
    iPod/iPhone settings. There's a lot of ways to do this easy and well. mapimages suggestion for OS X also seems to work.
    Last edited by bt224; 12-13-08 at 03:53 PM.
    12-13-08 03:51 PM
    iPod/iPhone settings. There's a lot of ways to do this easy and well. mapimages suggestion for OS X also seems to work.
    This is what I use. Movies look really good.
    12-13-08 04:37 PM
    Do any of you experience audio sync problems? I am using 0.93 version on a PC and while the quality is fantastic I lose audio sync after a couple minutes. I am using the Iphone setting but perhaps there are other Handbrake settings I am missing on setup (using default)

tx
    brill
    12-14-08 09:16 AM
    My problem is that, even though the iPhone setting keeps the proper aspect ratio, there is so much empty space on a widescreen movie that I sort of feel jipped. Anybody work with cropping at all? There's got to be a way to crop the pic a bit to fill up more of the screen...like the Speedracer vid.
    12-14-08 09:45 AM
    I have no clue. I spent 2hrs encoding/decoding a video and then used the roxio media manager to transfer the file (I tried drag and drop but the movie had audio but no video) so the media manager worked but it took about 2 more hours for it to encode and put on my phone. Anyone have an easier way?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 10:06 AM
    Do any of you experience audio sync problems? I am using 0.93 version on a PC and while the quality is fantastic I lose audio sync after a couple minutes. I am using the Iphone setting but perhaps there are other Handbrake settings I am missing on setup (using default)

tx
    brill
    It might be your movies. I don't have them at all. I actually downloaded a couple of my movies that had iPod formatted movies, so not converting required.
    12-14-08 10:13 AM
    the handbrake page is back up, imma give it a try
    12-14-08 10:14 AM
    It might be your movies. I don't have them at all. I actually downloaded a couple of my movies that had iPod formatted movies, so not converting required.
    The movies are fine (from dvd original source, ripped with dvd decrypter). It is definately a hand brake issue. Shame, looked like a decent piece of software but I'm looking for something that works.

tx
    brill

* Just to add, perhaps its the OS version. I am using 4.6.0.162 if that matters.
    Last edited by brill; 12-14-08 at 06:10 PM.
    12-14-08 04:00 PM
    Try Super Converter...
    07-28-09 04:45 PM
    Here's the link:
    erightsoft,info/GetFile,php?SUPERsetup,exe
    07-28-09 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD