I don't think this has been posted yet. Best Buy Canada are taking pre-orders today. Here's the source.

New BlackBerry devices are all up for pre-order at Best Buy | MobileSyrup.com
    08-05-11 09:50 PM
    Cell Phones: Mobile Phones & Smartphones - Best Buy Canada

is the best buy site

ALSO note on the right, if you sign a 3 year contract AND buy a PlayBook they will give you a $100 gift card
    08-05-11 09:55 PM
    but there is no mention of the shipping time or what date would it be delivered on the website!
    08-06-11 05:52 AM
    REALLY wishing I were Canadian!!!!
    Loving all the detractors a few weeks back who kept saying these devices would not come out this summer!!!!
    08-06-11 06:54 AM
    Loving all the detractors a few weeks back who kept saying these devices would not come out this summer!!!!
    come on up!!!
    08-06-11 09:16 AM
    Does anybody know 100% if you can preorder the phone at full retail? Been reading that carriers don't like selling the phones at full retail for the first little bit..
    08-06-11 09:25 AM
    Does anybody know 100% if you can preorder the phone at full retail? Been reading that carriers don't like selling the phones at full retail for the first little bit..
    Just got off the phone with BestBuy mobile. Pre-orders do not start until early next week. When you do pre-order however, they hold the phone for a contract renewal or sign up. They will not sell at full retail until 2 weeks after.
    jgaspar89 and mssca like this.
    08-06-11 09:38 AM
    Just got off the phone with BestBuy mobile. Pre-orders do not start until early next week. When you do pre-order however, they hold the phone for a contract renewal or sign up. They will not sell at full retail until 2 weeks after.
    Thought that might be the case. Thanks.
    08-06-11 09:42 AM
    Now......you wouldn't expect anything else would you?
    08-06-11 09:49 AM
    Really? They may not even sell at full price for several months!
    08-06-11 11:28 AM
    Really? They may not even sell at full price for several months!
    Yeah i was told 2 weeks. If you want it off contract, best off going straight to your carrier on release day, i don't think it will be a problem.
    08-06-11 11:40 AM
    I just called 4 Best Buy locations. They all do pre-orders. One location said they got a memo yesterday saying RIM is delaying the releases of the BlackBerry 7 devices again. The 3 other locations have not heard about the delay. Two locations will sell it outright when it's launched. One location told me the Rogers Torch 9810 will be released on Aug. 11th or 12th and the Rogers 9900 on Aug. 13-15th.

Has anyone else called around?
    08-06-11 12:54 PM
    Sorry, I started another thread in the 9900 / 9930 section. Here's what happened about an hour ago at the new Best Buy in Barrie, Ont.

"I just did the $50 deposit for the Bold 9900 on Bell. Took 45 mins!!!! The guy in store that processed it hadn't done one before. Anyway, it's done. He said they had guys from RIM in last night showing all the Best Buy Mobile staff everything about the Bold 9900. What's weird is he said at the end of it, RIM took all the prototypes back with them, and didn't leave any "dummy" units behind. He also said the people from RIM wouldn't even show them a working demo unit with the new OS7. He said they were very secretive. Oh well, Aug 15th is only 9 days away!!!"

The Best Buy Mobile Manager and another staff member confirmed in their internal memo (wouldn't show me) that the Bold 9900 was being released on the 15th for at least the big 3.

Wolf
    Last edited by wolfpacal; 08-06-11 at 01:29 PM.
    08-06-11 01:26 PM
    Yep..Being Canadian is great!

Good for traveling abroad as well.
    Sharma15 likes this.
    08-06-11 01:40 PM
    RIM taking back the prototypes is what any manufacturer would do. But not leaving any dummy units is odd. Just the whole process sounded strange. I truly hope it will be out on Aug. 15th or before and that there isn't another delay. I will scream if it's delayed yet again!
    08-06-11 01:44 PM
    RIM taking back the prototypes is what any manufacturer would do. But not leaving any dummy units is odd. Just the whole process sounded strange. I truly hope it will be out on Aug. 15th or before and that there isn't another delay. I will scream if it's delayed yet again!
    x2, 3 & 4! If this gets delayed again, RIM will p*** off even more customers. The Best Buy Mobile Manger said RIM was unusually secretive when they were in the store doing training. He was surprised that they didn't leave any dummy units for the staff to show customers. Fingers crossed for the 15th!
    Last edited by wolfpacal; 08-06-11 at 02:09 PM.
    08-06-11 02:07 PM
    x2, 3 & 4! If this gets delayed again, RIM will p*** off even more customers. The Best Buy Mobile Manger said RIM was unusually secretive when they were in the store doing training. He was surprised that they didn't leave any dummy units for the staff to show customers. Fingers crossed for the 15th!

I'm heading to a Best Buy now. I'll see what they say and see if they have any dummies in the store. I'll post later on tonight. I agree. If RIM delays the release again, not only will they **** of a lot of customers, they will lose some. They won't lose me. I'll just scream like a 6 year old girl. LOL
    Cross your toes too.
    08-06-11 02:52 PM
    Sorry, I started another thread in the 9900 / 9930 section. Here's what happened about an hour ago at the new Best Buy in Barrie, Ont.

"I just did the $50 deposit for the Bold 9900 on Bell. Took 45 mins!!!! The guy in store that processed it hadn't done one before. Anyway, it's done. He said they had guys from RIM in last night showing all the Best Buy Mobile staff everything about the Bold 9900. What's weird is he said at the end of it, RIM took all the prototypes back with them, and didn't leave any "dummy" units behind. He also said the people from RIM wouldn't even show them a working demo unit with the new OS7. He said they were very secretive. Oh well, Aug 15th is only 9 days away!!!"

The Best Buy Mobile Manager and another staff member confirmed in their internal memo (wouldn't show me) that the Bold 9900 was being released on the 15th for at least the big 3.

Wolf
    That best buy store is about 2 weeks old isn't it?
    that would explain the slowness.

as a Manufacturers rep myself I can tell you it makes perfect sense that they left nothing hard behind, you provide training with the same materials and bring the materials with you from site to site to keep things consistent, you have display product shipped at a later date closer to display to ensure that product is in the best possible condition and nothing gets leaked into the public too soon.

What makes me happy here is that if they are out training in a region like Barrie, that would lead me to believe 2-3 weeks at the latest until launch, since Barrie wouldn't be a first stop location for training and you don't Train more than 4 weeks in advance using face to face training, it is too costly and more than 4 weeks you've lost the momentum and much of the training points are forgotten.
    08-06-11 05:29 PM
    I went to a Best Buy after calling them and they said they will take pre-orders and just did one. When I got there the manager told me they just got a memo indicating they are not allowed to do pre-orders. He read part of the memo to me and said they are expecting the Roger's 9900 on August 13th.
    I went to another Best Buy and they did the pre-order for me. As I was walking out the store and I told the manager other Best Buy's got a memo instructing them not to do pre-orders. He said they never got the memo and told me to run out of the store. LOL. Anyways, I can't say the location now because I don't want to get them in trouble. I guess I'll find out if my pre-order will be void or not. Seems like this memo has been hitting all the Best Buy locations today to not take pre-orders anymore. This is so frustrating. I just want Rogers to announce the damn release date already!
    08-06-11 10:17 PM
    I went to a Best Buy after calling them and they said they will take pre-orders and just did one. When I got there the manager told me they just got a memo indicating they are not allowed to do pre-orders. He read part of the memo to me and said they are expecting the Roger's 9900 on August 13th.
    I went to another Best Buy and they did the pre-order for me. As I was walking out the store and I told the manager other Best Buy's got a memo instructing them not to do pre-orders. He said they never got the memo and told me to run out of the store. LOL. Anyways, I can't say the location now because I don't want to get them in trouble. I guess I'll find out if my pre-order will be void or not. Seems like this memo has been hitting all the Best Buy locations today to not take pre-orders anymore. This is so frustrating. I just want Rogers to announce the damn release date already!
    That just doesn't make sense about this "memo", considering the promotion is still on Best Buy Mobile's site. If there was a "memo", I'd think the ad would be pulled from the site immediately.
    08-06-11 10:45 PM
    That just doesn't make sense about this "memo", considering the promotion is still on Best Buy Mobile's site. If there was a "memo", I'd think the ad would be pulled from the site immediately.

That's what I told the manager. I said the pre-order is still on your site. He didn't seem to care and said he had to follow what the memo said. My friend went to a different Best Buy and they wouldn't do the pre-order either. I don't know what the heck is going on.
    08-06-11 10:50 PM
    Wireless Gal, just to confirm, you did get out with a receipt for your $50 deposit?? Best Buy may have been told by RIM to stop pre-orders. I don't care, I got mine around 12:30 today.

Wolf
    08-06-11 11:24 PM
    Wireless Gal, just to confirm, you did get out with a receipt for your $50 deposit?? Best Buy may have been told by RIM to stop pre-orders. I don't care, I got mine around 12:30 today.

Wolf

Yes I did get out with a receipt of my $50 deposit.
    08-06-11 11:43 PM
    Yes I did get out with a receipt of my $50 deposit.
    Cool! Enjoy!
    08-07-11 08:58 AM
    The pre-order system if down at BestBuy Calgary. I tried several times, but the system came with an error saying, it will be open on August the 9th. But I have no idea why.
    08-07-11 09:40 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD