Im looking to buy the bold 9900. My dad wont allow me to get a plan thats $40 or more. It has to include unlimited bbm and texting. As long as its cheap I wont mind if I have to buy the bold full price. One other thing is my mom is on pay as you go and is looking for a plan for herself. She wants a blackberry to bbm our family but she needs a lot of mins she always on the phone with work. She does not care which blackberry she gets, new or old. She needs a lot more mins and unlimited bbm. Also under $40.
    Bonus items that would be nice: Ability to combine mins, to share.Caller display for our contacts. My 5 or 10.
    Forgot to mention we are in west vancouver canada.

08-24-11 11:27 PM
    To be honest, you won't find much under $40 dollars which includes any kind of data (even just IM/email plans). Your best bet is to go with a smaller carrier who have cheaper rates with no contracts. I'm in Toronto and we've got Wind, Public Mobile, Mobilicity. Rogers has specific Student Plans which may have everything you are looking for.

Best bet is to giive these guys a call and see what is the best they can do for you. As a new customer you have an advantage...
    08-25-11 02:10 PM
    Rogers have the best plans for the cheapest prices. Although they don't have the best service. Try their website and see what they offer.
    But really you're not going to get a lot for 40 a month here in Canada.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 02:49 PM
    Rogers have the best plans for the cheapest prices. Although they don't have the best service. Try their website and see what they offer.
    But really you're not going to get a lot for 40 a month here in Canada.

Funny enough I've been pretty lucky with Rogers. Both with cell service and with support. Though I've heard from more than a few people some of the horror stories of Rogers.
    08-25-11 03:58 PM
    I've never personally went with Rogers just because where I live they didn't offer cell service. But my mother and boyfriend were both with them for a long time. They never had problems with customer support or plans. It was only the cell reception. It is not plentiful where I live

08-25-11 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD