My bold ALWAYS dies by the end of the day and I am forced to use my backup battery. Does anyone have any tips for me (besides using my bb less!) to get the battery to last longer. I always use standby.

Are there any batteries out there, besides the larger extended batteries, that are better than others?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 12:13 AM
    There are two batteries I know of that are OEM size and have higher capacity, one by Mugen (has 1800mah) and one by Seidio (1650mah).

Also upgrading your OS from stock if you haven't will help, my battery life has increased with each upgrade I've done.

The casemate fuel holster is something I'm looking into as well. I know people say, "but I never put my bb down" and such, but seriously, 5 minutes, 10 minutes here and there, it'll help you through the day. If you're using standby, look into this, because it sounds like you aren't constantly on it.

06-28-09 01:49 AM
    Whenever I am not using my bb it is on standby. But I do use wifi and bluetooth and I also use my bb as an mp3 player. However I am in a non-3G area and have 282 so I turned the 3G off

06-28-09 07:44 AM
    Also, how many mah does the standard battery that it comes with have?

06-28-09 07:44 AM
    Also, how many mah does the standard battery that it comes with have?

I believe it's 1500 mAhr... If I'm not mistaken 1550 mah?

You mentioned previously using WiFi and Bluetooth throughout the day. Make sure they're only turned on when you actually need them. Also make sure you're properly closing out of apps and not just leaving them running in the background.
    What OS are you running?
    06-28-09 08:08 AM
    If you're running .282 with 3G turned off, then the only reason you'd be dead by the end of the day that I can think off (short of battery malfunction) would be apps running in the background that update often, such as gps maps, I'm programs, twitter, etc. What apps do you have running all the time? And are you closing out of apps properly like savioAMG said?

The next thing would be savioAMG's other advice, only run bluetooth and wi-fi when you need them, otherwise they're just a drain on battery.

I'm running .282 as well, and so far it's the best OS battery-wise I've seen. I'm making it through whole days with heavy usage fine, so try some of these tips.

Also, look for the crackberry article on battery life tips, good stuff there.

06-28-09 10:01 AM
    The seidio extended 3500 battery really isn't bad at all. I thought It would be a lot bulkier but doesn't seem to make that much difference when I have it in my pocket. The benefits however are superb. I'm a heavy user. You can have 20 min phone calls at a time and send all the text and emails you want and the battery will just smile at you. My battery with all the use i put it through will go 6-7 hrs before it gets off 100%.
    06-28-09 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD