So, I have a problem. I was bored cruising around the BB app world today and downloaded the trial of BerryBuzz (BeBuzz in the BB app world). I switched the colors of the led notifications in the options and when my first sms came in, it didn't even light up at all. I ended up unistalling after I didn't see anything in the options or profiles that was causing this and did a restart. Now the red LED doesn't even light up.

I was going to email the technical support but wanted to see if anyone here had a clue or has had this happen to them first. Maybe I'm missing something somewhere but I don't know where!
    Thanks!
    05-27-09 05:06 PM
    Are LED alerts enabled in your profile settings?
    05-27-09 05:10 PM
    Do you mean
    Repeat Notification: LED Flashing

I do have that enabled in every email and in my sms
    05-27-09 05:17 PM
    After you deleted the app did you restart the phone? And if you did, I do another battery pull.
    05-27-09 05:26 PM
    i had a problem that was similar to this but regarding Pimp My Mail.
    after a while of use, i noticed that the led wouldn't flash green or red when a message has been received.

I suggest ditching the app in question..
    or you can just do a battery pull every few hours or when affected?
    05-27-09 05:27 PM
    Thing is the default LED should work (to an extent) even if the app was still installed.

i.e. if you don't disable the default LED notification in the profile and you get an email, it flashes the default color for about 1 second, then berrybuzz kicks in afterwards.

If you reinstall berrybuzz does the LED work in any way?
    05-27-09 05:28 PM
    After you deleted the app did you restart the phone? And if you did, I do another battery pull.
    Yes, it did it's on restart and then I did a battery pull....
    05-27-09 05:41 PM
    I did delete the app and then restart, battery pull and then reinstalled the app. Still nothing. So repeated the above steps. Nothing. The light does come on during power on/off but for nothing else. The thing that worries me is that all of my profile settings (ringtone, volume, etc) were all different after deleting the app so something isn't right.
    05-27-09 05:44 PM
    That's not terribly odd. There are several apps that result in different profile settings once uninstalled.

Try setting your LED notifications to none, saving, reboot, set them to LED flashing, reboot.
    05-27-09 05:50 PM
    That's not terribly odd. There are several apps that result in different profile settings once uninstalled.

Try setting your LED notifications to none, saving, reboot, set them to LED flashing, reboot.
    Ok, I tried it and still no flashing LED. I just want to scream now! Thanks for the suggestions and help Papped and everyone else. I don't know what to do now. I've never backed up everything and wiped it clean so it's not something I really want to do. Will the desktop manager back up the apps and everything?
    05-27-09 06:08 PM
    Try a battery pull. When in doubt do a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 07:10 PM
    I'd actually try reinstalling BerryBuzz, see if the led works with the custom colors.

Then disable all of the custom notifications in BerryBuzz, then uninstall it.
    05-27-09 07:11 PM
    Is your clock in bedside mode? If it is.. Take it out of bedside mode.

05-27-09 07:54 PM
    Is your clock in bedside mode? If it is.. Take it out of bedside mode.

agreed, this happened to me once and I had one of those face palm moments
    05-27-09 08:58 PM
    agreed, this happened to me once and I had one of those face palm moments
    Lol me too. My friend face palmed me though when it happened lol

05-27-09 09:00 PM
    If your still having issues with berrybuzz check out bellshare.com/forums. This is the support website for berrybuzz and other bellshare apps. They are very good and usually quick to respond to your problems.
    05-27-09 11:21 PM
    I have BerryBuzz, too, and I noticed after awhile my LED will quit working between messages and I LIVE for that green light! Anyways, I go into tools, screen and keyboard and turn off the LED, save and reenter and turn it back on and it's good to go for awhile. I think it must be a glitch in the software, but it's not bad enough that I want to lose my purple LED light. :-)
    05-28-09 02:24 PM
    I have BerryBuzz, too, and I noticed after awhile my LED will quit working between messages and I LIVE for that green light! Anyways, I go into tools, screen and keyboard and turn off the LED, save and reenter and turn it back on and it's good to go for awhile. I think it must be a glitch in the software, but it's not bad enough that I want to lose my purple LED light. :-)
    You're talking about the coverage indicator?
    05-28-09 02:25 PM
    Yeah. It quits working after alot of messaging. I have to turn it back on periodically.
    05-28-09 02:28 PM
    Yeah. It quits working after alot of messaging. I have to turn it back on periodically.
    This is a known glitch in BerryBuzz. But I hate the coverage indicator so it has never affected me.
    05-28-09 06:35 PM
    leds die????
    05-29-09 03:24 AM
    same thing happend to me, completely killed my led indicator, uninstalled it, same results....ended up wiping my fone completely and now resolved it..sadly it had to go to that extent
    05-31-09 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD