Hi,

I was actually hoping to buy the 9780 pretty soon however I heard that..in Canada- for Bell, we're under CDMA or something? O_O.. So even with an unlocked 9780- our SIM card wouldn't work on it? :S. (I've looked up several threads on here already but they've all just confused me ): ) My Bell SIM card is relatively new.. one of the newer ones in Canada so I don't know right now. :S So would it be able to work on the unlocked 9780 Bold? Or would it only work on Bell phones?

Thanks.
    08-30-11 12:13 AM
    The 9780 is a CDMA / GSM device, call bell and ask them if they are ready to program it for you, if they will so you can unlock it and get it re-programed by their tech-team.

EDIT:
    BOLD 9780 *UMTS / GSM device should work on bell (CDMA / HSPA+ carrier)
    I am not 100% sure but i think they can program a CDMA device for you, also it should just work with activated sim card and unlocked Blackberry.

call them to be sure that it will work.
    or, you can use this link also.
    Last edited by blackberry-unlocking710; 08-31-11 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Sorry, too much crackberry.
    08-30-11 07:38 AM
    The 9780 is a CDMA / GSM device, call bell and ask them if they are ready to program it for you, if they will so you can unlock it and get it re-programed by their tech-team.
    Do you make your advice up as you go along? I've never heard so much rubbish

To the OP, yes it will work fine. Just make sure the 9780 you buy has matching 3G bands to Bell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 08:05 AM
    CDMA/GSM? The 9780? Since when?

From the selection of BB devices they support, http://www.cincinnatibell.com/busine...rer=blackberry I'd say they are GSM (maybe it is Bell that is CDMA/GSM...).

Give them a call and see what's wrog with your device/sim.
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-30-11 at 08:57 AM.
    08-30-11 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD