I just received an e-mail notification. Strange, last night the Bell store I deal with said they were not expecting stock until Friday.

Price is $169 on a 3-year term.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just Me likes this.
    08-10-11 11:56 AM
    I'm guessing you can order online today, but stores won't have stock til Friday.
    08-10-11 11:56 AM
    Scooped! I was just going to post. Well, no matter, here's a capture from the email....
    Just Me, yerfgofe and atrpm like this.
    08-10-11 11:57 AM
    Very nice! Another score for the future 9900 users! I really need to talk to President Obama. It is never too late to invade and claim Canada.
    08-10-11 12:46 PM
    I really need to talk to President Obama. It is never too late to invade and claim Canada.
    Uh oh! I better warn my neighbour! Be back in two hours.
    08-10-11 12:48 PM
    Wow, they want the new subscribers business, thats lower than rogers on 3 year.

However buying outright, it is cheaper at Rogers...
    08-10-11 02:33 PM
    Wow, they want the new subscribers business, thats lower than rogers on 3 year.
    Bell has a tendency to undercut Rogers on their 3-year deals. I remember at one point soon after the launch of the 9800, Bell was selling it for $50 cheaper than Rogers on contract.
    08-10-11 02:39 PM
    Bell has a tendency to undercut Rogers on their 3-year deals. I remember at one point soon after the launch of the 9800, Bell was selling it for $50 cheaper than Rogers on contract.
    IIRC, the launch price was at $549 vs. Rogers $599 out of the gate and the contract price was the same - $149 vs. $199. Surprising to see Bell selling it at $599 instead of $549.
    08-10-11 02:42 PM
    does Bell have stock in their stores now? I've been trying to buy one outright from Rogers but not having any luck.
    08-10-11 04:03 PM
    hmm i hope i hear better dates than the current 24th over here in the uk!
    08-10-11 04:04 PM
    does Bell have stock in their stores now? I've been trying to buy one outright from Rogers but not having any luck.
    no they do not. im guessing your from edmonton, and i have 2 friends working at bell. They HAVE it but will not sell until the 16th which is kinda stupid.
    08-10-11 04:04 PM
    no they do not. im guessing your from edmonton, and i have 2 friends working at bell. They HAVE it but will not sell until the 16th which is kinda stupid.
    Yes, I've seen about 30 boxes at Rogers/Best Buy/Future Shop today and got to play with 1 live but nobody (so far) will sell without contract

I've just sent out a tweet to my 3k yeg followers but I'm still not holding my breath. so sad.
    08-10-11 04:12 PM
    Very nice! Another score for the future 9900 users! I really need to talk to President Obama. It is never too late to invade and claim Canada.
    I would gladly help him, I have connections in Quebec (LOL) but seriously, someone should send him the new BlackBerry!
    08-10-11 04:16 PM
    Got the same notification email this morning from Bell. I imediately called my Bell store in Mississauga. They had them in stock and were selling them.

After I went in I was speaking with the sales rep and he told me they received notification this morning from their district manager to release them for sale. He said to compete with Rogers release today as well. Originally they were supposed to be released on the 16th.

No matter, it was a nice surprise to get it early.

Amazing device. Everything I was expecting and more.

08-10-11 04:17 PM
    I just got it in Vancouver. Bell even waived my $120 early upgrade fee (I was only a month away from being eligible) and I got a pretty good new plan when I mentioned the deal my friend got wirh Rogers.

The phone is amazing. Fast, the keyboard is awesome, it feels nice in the hand, the dispaly is great.

Cheetablaze likes this.
    08-10-11 04:21 PM
    Picked mine up at lunch from the Bell Store in the Eaton centre. Very happy camper today
    jinxednuance likes this.
    08-10-11 04:32 PM
    Picked mine up at lunch from the Bell Store in the Eaton centre. Very happy camper today
    Congrats!

10char
    08-10-11 04:46 PM
    Guys, can confirmed Bell 9900 if theres any brand logo or unbranded? how bout the splash screen? is it unlock?

thanks
    08-10-11 05:52 PM
    Guys, can confirmed Bell 9900 if theres any brand logo or unbranded? how bout the splash screen? is it unlock?

thanks
    No branding, no logo, no splashscreen.

Rogers units locked
    Bell units locked (some reports of unlocked handsets though from Bell), most 3rd party retailers will unlock on site as you buy.
    janz25 likes this.
    08-10-11 05:57 PM
    thanks, gonna ask my friend to buy it outright from bell..
    08-10-11 06:00 PM
    I just got it in Vancouver. Bell even waived my $120 early upgrade fee (I was only a month away from being eligible) and I got a pretty good new plan when I mentioned the deal my friend got wirh Rogers.

The phone is amazing. Fast, the keyboard is awesome, it feels nice in the hand, the dispaly is great.

What part of Vancouver did you grab it? Guess i now have something to do for tomorrow, track one of these bad boys down. Hope i dont have to do too much driving.
    08-10-11 06:22 PM
    What part of Vancouver did you grab it? Guess i now have something to do for tomorrow, track one of these bad boys down. Hope i dont have to do too much driving.
    I was just about to ask the same question. I called all the bell stores in Richmond and they don't have it yet. Left my name at a couple stores. No call back yet. =(
    08-10-11 06:24 PM
    Third time's the charm, right?
    08-10-11 06:25 PM
    No worries, Bell is selling their unsubs at $50+ more than Rogers though...just an fyi
    08-10-11 06:30 PM
    Just got mine at a Bell retail store about an hour ago. $169 + $10 upgrade fee. Returning the Rogers branded one to Rogers + tomorrow after work. Glad I can get that cash back. Bell rep was super nice, said they had lots of stock.
    08-10-11 06:52 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD