You know that Instant Messaging folder that may or may not be one your Bold's desktop that doesn't seem to have a use? Well I figured out what it is for.

In the new BBM 5.0, highlight a contact then hit the BB Menu key and select "Show In Home Screen". The people you select will now show up in that folder for quick access!
    07-22-09 10:04 PM
    well its actually for all your IM software for the convenience of having everything in one place.

btw you move your contact to the home folder and actually put it on your homescreen it's even more convenient...
    07-22-09 10:19 PM
    Uhhh is this post serious?? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 10:22 PM
    Why wouldn't it be serious? There have been some questions in the past about the Instant Messaging folder and what it's purpose is. If you are using BBM 5.0 try it and see for yourself.
    07-22-09 10:27 PM
    well its actually for all your IM software for the convenience of having everything in one place.

btw you move your contact to the home folder and actually put it on your homescreen it's even more convenient...
    That would be the assumed use, but that isn't what BBM 5.0 is using it for.
    07-22-09 10:29 PM
    I'm just sure everyone on here knows what the folder is for man.

it's not for assumed use...that's what it's for!
    group all your IM apps together... hence IM folder..

and bbm 5.0 doesnt use that folder for that purpose...if you select your contact and "ADD TO HOME SCREEN" it's to add it to your home screen, not your IM folder BUT because it groups all your IM stuff together it ends up in the IM folder by default.
    07-22-09 10:44 PM
    You know that Instant Messaging folder that may or may not be one your Bold's desktop that doesn't seem to have a use? Well I figured out what it is for.

In the new BBM 5.0, highlight a contact then hit the BB Menu key and select "Show In Home Screen". The people you select will now show up in that folder for quick access!
    Actually that wasn't the folders original purpose but nice try anyway.
    07-22-09 10:48 PM
    Ummm okay whatever. I'm just relaying what I've found I've discovered. Certain people here are acting like I'm making this up. I'm done trying to be a helpful user here.
    07-22-09 11:24 PM
    What if you don't have that option? I highlight a contact, hit the BB key but I do not have the "SHOW IN HOMESCREEN" option...

07-23-09 12:49 AM
    Nevermind folks! Just figured something out. The "SHOW IN HOMESCREEN" option is only available when you highlight the contact from, well, the CONTACTS list & not CHATS!

07-23-09 12:57 AM
    Captian obvious strikes again!
    07-23-09 05:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD