Ok this is probably a very stupid question, but does the alarm work when the Bold is in Bedside mode??

Thanks in advance.
    10-27-08 07:44 AM
    yes it works of course... Thats why the bedside mode is....
    10-27-08 07:47 AM
    Bedside doesn't need to be on though for it to work.
    10-27-08 11:16 AM
    bedside mode turns off the radio and can dim your screen so you can lay the phone by you when you go to bed. it doesnt disable the alarm
    10-27-08 01:21 PM
    hey there dblake15,

the bedside mode is a cool feature where it just dims down and acts as a clock next to your bedside.

It does not off the RADIO unless you ask it to in bedside option. once you set the alarm and even if you put in in queit mode, the alarm will still work.

In addition to that, if you were to power off the device after setting the alarm by pressing the off button after 4 seconds, the device will turn on automatically accordint to alarm time set.

However, just wanna see if you have this problem. Before you set your beside mode, check if your LED for signal works....blinking green, then set the option of bedside mode to off the LED. After that exit the bedside mode and see if your LED blinks....( goes back to normal )

if it does not blink I guess its a minor bug with the OS. doesnt really matter, just turn on the LED while in bedside mode.

cheeers
    10-27-08 02:01 PM
    I love bed side mode. This is where the charging pod is great as it really turns the Bold into a bedside alarm clock. The pod has a small line that lights up so that you can remove and re-insert the Bold in the dark, too.
    10-27-08 08:46 PM
    I also simply love the bedside mode...ver cool....yesterday nite was the first time i tried....it dims itself such that u can see the clock if u wake up at nite...cool feature......and the alarm is also very soothing........good job BOLD!!cheers...now i know why pple are saying that when u use a bold, u will never like the i-phone anymore.....the bold simply has so many more features than the
    i-phone.
    10-28-08 07:45 AM
    Bedside mode means I never have to turn my Bold off
    10-28-08 08:13 AM
    For me, bedside mode has a few issues:

1) The clocks only stays on (dimmed) if the Bold is plugged into a power socket.
    2) Bedside mode automatically exits for some reason, but I can't figure out why. Maybe it's when the alarm sounds and I "dismiss" it?
    10-28-08 09:47 AM
    When the bold is first put in bedside mode, the clock will dim and stay on for a little bit and then disappear. After about a minute or so, it will re-appear in its dimmed state and the phone will still be in bedside mode.
    02-15-09 02:30 PM
    Does the bold have to be on a charging pod for the alarm to sound in bediside mode, because it doesn't seem to be sounding when I put it in bedside mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 02:41 PM
    Does the bold have to be on a charging pod for the alarm to sound in bediside mode, because it doesn't seem to be sounding when I put it in bedside mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No it does not have to be on a pod.
    As long as you have the alarm set to On, it should sound no matter what other configuration you have, even if the device is powered off.

Only reason i can think of for it not to sound is if the battery is completely drained.
    08-21-09 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD