is it just me or does anyone think that the skin hides the beauty of the bold, I have a black blackberry skin but I just cant seem to use it much and always use my holster instead without the skin as I love to see the shiny bezel.
    10-03-08 01:15 PM
    i agree, i've been looking for a clear plastic hard case as it's just too nice a phone to tuck away in a skin...any ideas?
    10-03-08 01:43 PM
    none, best thing i see is to just use the holster, as much i love the plastic hard case it still would take away from the sleek design of the bold, IMO the bold has the best design for the blackberries thus far, even better than the future releases, the javelin and the storm.
    10-03-08 01:48 PM
    i've bought a clear plastic screen protector that i have to cut down to size....i might just go back to using the original holster. If you drop it and theres minor cosmetic damage then you can get spare parts like the bezel and screen....if you write it off, thats what phone insurance is for!

....and besides, in a year or so we'll all be chucking our bolds away ready for the next release...
    10-03-08 01:52 PM
    true so what's the sense, blackberry does take awhile to release the new stuff though, so im thinking we are in for a longer wait than a year, lol.
    10-03-08 02:04 PM
    i've just signed up to a new 18 month contract...it'd be nice if the phone was still current then. i dropped my curve a couple of times, and i'd be naive to think its not going to happen with my bold. do you think that the fact it has a full qwerty when other phones are going to touchscreen will leave it dated after a while? personally i don't like touchscreens, but rim seems to be focussing a lot of attention on the storm right now, justifiably so, but it does feel as if bold is somewhat on the backburner at the moment.
    10-03-08 02:11 PM
    It is on the back burner somewhat because RIM is competing with the iphone, however, strangely enough alllllottttt of people still love the qwerty setup, I had a iphone before i got my bold and i must say i much prefer the setup of the bold over the iphone, two totally different feels, so it all depends on the person, I for one don't fancy the touch screen so I think I will be sticking to the traditional qwerty setup.
    10-03-08 02:41 PM
    i can understand rim wanting to chase apple, but they'll have a job on their hands doing it with a product so similar. touchscreen seems very much to be style over substance for me, as i manly use my phone for typing texts and using aim. the bold is lightyears better than the curve in terms of look and feel, both being smoother in the hand and the fact that the keyboard is less 'clicky' imo.
    10-03-08 03:14 PM
    My Curve feels like a toy now LOL! I picked it up the other day!
    10-04-08 01:49 AM
    is it just me or does anyone think that the skin hides the beauty of the bold, I have a black blackberry skin but I just cant seem to use it much and always use my holster instead without the skin as I love to see the shiny bezel.
    lol i have the white skin and i just cant seem to keep in on there i catch myself taking it off just so i can feel the bold in my hand and acually look at it i love the back it just feels sooo good in the hand
    10-04-08 02:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD