Stay with 9900. Just my opinion.
    Maybe it's your SIM card, something else.. Who knows, maybe you are just out of luck. Or maybe you are just picky, not sure what kind of problems you had but hopefully 5th one solves it.
    Thanks a lot buddy, heading4tomorrow.
    Hopefully the 5th batch will okay.
    05-30-13 04:39 AM
    well I haven't tried q10 but a friend of mine had it pre-ordered and returned it after 1 week; here's why:
    1. push mail?! what the hell? BB was all about fast communication and NOW the thing checks emails just as an android phone does (at certain intervals); yeah I know about the gmail exchange and what-not but still... with a BIS plan u had that for starters on any mail platform
    2. the trackpad on the 9900 is very useful when selecting several objects and what not; using the touchscreen on the q10 is not only slower but also frustrating
    3. related to number 2, u do get the hang of the several touch gestures after a while, but they fail a lot of the times and that's frustrating
    4. the HUB is not that attractive (maybe it's a subjective opinion); see videos on youtube
    5. q10 is packed with stuff that u won't really use; one example is the reminder app, yeah I will use it but I surely won't extend myself to attaching a bunch of garbage until I eventually end up with a plan for colonizing distant planets (THIS may be subjective)

this device will probably be more appealing to the new blackberry users and not so much for the ones that have a 7.1 device. i'm personaly using a 9900 and i'm very happy about it since I've been using 2 android devices for the past year. and boy i'm happy to have returned to a real PHONE that i can actualy use to COMMUNICATE
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    05-30-13 10:02 AM
    well I haven't tried q10 but a friend of mine had it pre-ordered and returned it after 1 week; here's why:
    1. push mail?! what the hell? BB was all about fast communication and NOW the thing checks emails just as an android phone does (at certain intervals); yeah I know about the gmail exchange and what-not but still... with a BIS plan u had that for starters on any mail platform
    2. the trackpad on the 9900 is very useful when selecting several objects and what not; using the touchscreen on the q10 is not only slower but also frustrating
    3. related to number 2, u do get the hang of the several touch gestures after a while, but they fail a lot of the times and that's frustrating
    4. the HUB is not that attractive (maybe it's a subjective opinion); see videos on youtube
    5. q10 is packed with stuff that u won't really use; one example is the reminder app, yeah I will use it but I surely won't extend myself to attaching a bunch of garbage until I eventually end up with a plan for colonizing distant planets (THIS may be subjective)

this device will probably be more appealing to the new blackberry users and not so much for the ones that have a 7.1 device. i'm personaly using a 9900 and i'm very happy about it since I've been using 2 android devices for the past year. and boy i'm happy to have returned to a real PHONE that i can actualy use to COMMUNICATE
    1 is simply incorrect. It supports push and ALSO other services that don't have that ability. That doesn't mean it does not have push. World, unfortunately, didn't care enough about BIS.

2. Correct, but subjective. It is a space tradeoff. If track pad was added.something else would have to be smaller or device bigger - there is always a tradeoff that will be subjectively praised or whined about.

3 - see 2

4 - subjective. For many, including me it is a time saver.

5 - that is true for most things today and is a fact of life because different people use different 10% of the product. To have the device satisfy all it must have all these things, and you can't complain of them.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 12:44 PM
    1 is simply incorrect. It supports push and ALSO other services that don't have that ability. That doesn't mean it does not have push. World, unfortunately, didn't care enough about BIS.

Posted via CB10
    well he tried setting up a yahoo account which he uses as an office (work) mail which is currently set up on 3 phones; the only way he could set it up was with the device checking for new mails at a minimum interval of 5 minutes, which is exactly how android works now with the standard software. maybe he's missing something and I would appreciate if you could shed some light on how to set up any mail to work just as it does on the bb9900 or any other 7.1 device

thank you

oh and about the trackpad, it's only obvious that adding it would be a compromise between a bigger device or a smaller screen, but with it I can surely say selecting multiple objects is way more convenient (dunno how this could be subjective)
    and I think the call button is also convenient on the 9900 right ? I can press it even if i'm browsing, texting, doing whatnot... in my opinion it's practical.

and above all, with the current software 9900 and 9780 feel lightning fast compared to the previous android devices that I owned. I was okay with them at first but after a month, both suffered from major lagging; I DO HOPE that the 9900 won't go bad just as the androids... so that I'm not mean, I will say this: the browser on android devices (at least 4.x and up) is far superior in terms of laying out almost any kind of page with the whole page looking exactly like on a desktop (excluding size :P ); and after giving it a second thought about the app availability on android market, it's mostly crap; why do I need an app to tell me how many times I farted on a daily basis? (lame example but still... it's about all the garbage on the app market). and games? why do I need a PHONE and then I suddenly think I want to play games on it? why didn't I just buy a PSP in the first place? it's like the other thing people complain a lot of the times: my phone has poor gps software blah blah... why didn't u just buy a gps unit in the first place and I bet u would have been more than satisfied. sure the phone helps u with a function like that when u absolutely have no other choice but using it, but if I really need a navigation unit, i'm gonna buy one that does just that.

from what I've seen so far, bb10 is heading towards "android territory", except for the materials and look of the devices; which is not entirely true since the are more than a couple of android devices that use premium materials and look quite sleek
    05-31-13 11:47 AM
    well he tried setting up a yahoo account which he uses as an office (work) mail which is currently set up on 3 phones; the only way he could set it up was with the device checking for new mails at a minimum interval of 5 minutes, which is exactly how android works now with the standard software. maybe he's missing something and I would appreciate if you could shed some light on how to set up any mail to work just as it does on the bb9900 or any other 7.1 device

thank you
    What may be confusing is that BB10 always asks you for the interval. That does not mean that it is using it - that setting is there to be used *if* push is not available. Now, configuration is very different. What is different is legacy device's usage/reliance (however you want to put it) on a service (provided by either BIS or BES) that integrates with email systems and pushes the messages via BlackBerry infrastructure to your legacy devices (among other things). Trouble is that too few people, realized the advantage of this but were presented the augmented cost of that (even though it was saving carriers money too). So BB10 does *not* require or use those services - it connects to your email systems directly. That also means that those email services, whatever they are, need to support push for you to see it (if they did not in the past, the only difference is that it wasn't the phone polling email but the service - my guess, not 100% sure). Sure, you *MAY* have to pay to enable push on those services in some cases, but you don't have to pay for the legacy BlackBerry services in that case.
    06-02-13 12:24 PM
    What may be confusing is that BB10 always asks you for the interval. That does not mean that it is using it - that setting is there to be used *if* push is not available. Now, configuration is very different. What is different is legacy device's usage/reliance (however you want to put it) on a service (provided by either BIS or BES) that integrates with email systems and pushes the messages via BlackBerry infrastructure to your legacy devices (among other things). Trouble is that too few people, realized the advantage of this but were presented the augmented cost of that (even though it was saving carriers money too). So BB10 does *not* require or use those services - it connects to your email systems directly. That also means that those email services, whatever they are, need to support push for you to see it (if they did not in the past, the only difference is that it wasn't the phone polling email but the service - my guess, not 100% sure). Sure, you *MAY* have to pay to enable push on those services in some cases, but you don't have to pay for the legacy BlackBerry services in that case.
    ok now i'm confused; the reality is that on a yahoo email account, mails WERE NOT received instantly on the q10 like on the other 2 office devices (9900, 9780). can u or can u not set a yahoo mail account on the q10 so that mails are received instantly?
    06-03-13 04:39 AM
    ok now i'm confused; the reality is that on a yahoo email account, mails WERE NOT received instantly on the q10 like on the other 2 office devices (9900, 9780). can u or can u not set a yahoo mail account on the q10 so that mails are received instantly?
    I am not a Yahoo Mail expert and this has to do with Yahoo services as much as it does with how you configure them om Q10. Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/Yahoo!_Mail#...d_SMTPs_access and investigate from there. You need IMAP with push extensions from Yahoo for this to work. You may need to pay for that (to Yahoo, I don't know but it is sometimes not given for free)

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 10:08 AM
    Re: yahoo, You would have to contact yahoo customer support to get them to enable IMAP support. It took me a long long time to get them to do that, so you might need to jump through quite a few hoops to get it done entirely. Best of luck.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-04-13 04:11 AM
    Thanks a lot buddy, heading4tomorrow.
    Hopefully the 5th batch will okay.
    Sounds like you will need to wipe and load clean. If you use blackberry protect, all you really need to do is restore the backup that way after wiping clean (remove battery, connect to desktop manager, let it reload until it says "reconnecting to JVM", insert battery) and once it's done and you're at the blackberry ID screen, sign in, then launch blackberry app world, then download blackberry protect, (or go to http://www.blackberry.com/protect) and restore a backup once it's up and running and you are good to go.

This way, it'll work fine. You never needed to go to a warranty centre, you only needed to start clean.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-04-13 04:16 AM
    The q10 is a good device
    06-08-13 10:05 PM
35 12