How do you white listed these addresses?
    Palomi Shell likes this.
    03-13-13 11:30 AM
    I also find it a little odd that BBM Voice needs ports opened whereas Video Chat on the PlayBook does not. Maybe future updates will improve this..
    yaa i agree.. because my playbook video call works just fine...
    04-17-13 04:28 AM
    okay. so basically, what do I have to do??
    05-19-13 06:43 AM
    It should just work...

I have been using voice chat on London Underground via the Virgin Media Wifi and it just works (and thats with countless other people all with BBM all connected to the wireless at the same time.

No ports open, no ports forwarded so all the people on here quoting stuff about networks appear to have limited information on how these things work and should go run some of there own tests on a public network and there home network before trying to imply that silly pointless security risks are taken. Ditto people need to learn about DNS & IP addressing before they start telling people to set static address and fixed DNS servers on otherwise working network...

You may find that if you restrict *OUTGOING* connections by port or traffic type then yes you may have to change settings, most users do not and should not try and understand all the points in this post - people do not need to start re-configuring there home & work networks as a general rule.

'Palomi Shell' - If you PM me with your issues, BBOS version and country I'll see if I can offer some more useful assistance over the next day or 2 when I'm at the computer.
    05-20-13 11:36 AM
29 12