Hey guys. I'm having a little trouble installing BBM on my 9900? When I first set up the phone, it was on the phone and let me log in but wasn't showing any contacts?

I then upgraded the software and BBM is no where to be found?

I have tried to delete the app from the desktop as well as wipe the phone twice with no luck?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-05-16 07:17 PM
    Hey guys. I'm having a little trouble installing BBM on my 9900? When I first set up the phone, it was on the phone and let me log in but wasn't showing any contacts?

I then upgraded the software and BBM is no where to be found?

I have tried to delete the app from the desktop as well as wipe the phone twice with no luck?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Is it possible that the icon is hidden? When you're on the homescreen, press the BlackBerry button, click "show all icons" and then search around for it again.

Oh, and have you rebooted since you updated? That might be necessary.
    06-05-16 07:29 PM
    Is it possible that the icon is hidden? When you're on the homescreen, press the BlackBerry button, click "show all icons" and then search around for it again.

Oh, and have you rebooted since you updated? That might be necessary.
    Tried that and the BBM is still not appearing? If I go to the BBW, the BBM is the first application listed and it also says it's installed?

Yes, I've tried many reboots and battery pulls and I still can't get anything?

06-05-16 07:38 PM
    Tried that and the BBM is still not appearing? If I go to the BBW, the BBM is the first application listed and it also says it's installed?

Yes, I've tried many reboots and battery pulls and I still can't get anything?

Hmm. That's all I've got for suggestions. I've never had BIS, so I've never used the app on the Bold 9900. Maybe someone else can help.

Oh wait. There's also an old version of BBM at theiexplorers.com. It's listed there under OTAs, if all else fails.
    djchrisluna likes this.
    06-05-16 07:53 PM
    Thanks Shuswap!!

The OTA from your link really did the trick.

I now have BBM up and running! Awesome!

anon(8063781) and idssteve like this.
    06-05-16 09:28 PM
    Thank God for that ieExplorers, I don't know how many times I have used it to fix stuff. But I have never had a problem with BBM, on all of my BB's, even after wiping clean, its always there.

06-05-16 09:56 PM
    Ya, it was weird? I've never had a problem with BBM...ever. This was the first time and it took me 5 days to figure it out?

Now that I have it, its really nice man.

06-05-16 10:25 PM
    Ya, it was weird? I've never had a problem with BBM...ever. This was the first time and it took me 5 days to figure it out?
    When I busted out the 9900 I had stashed in a drawer, it didn't have BBM on it. For some bizarre reason, I couldn't successfully install it from BlackBerry World; but eventually, it occurred to me to try installing from Desktop Manager -- which worked, thank goodness.

The new 9900 I ordered came with BBM installed and set up. No idea why that older one didn't have it, but I do know I never even gave BBM a try before I moved to BlackBerry 10. I thought it was pretty much just like SMS...

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    06-05-16 11:41 PM
    When I busted out the 9900 I had stashed in a drawer, it didn't have BBM on it. For some bizarre reason, I couldn't successfully install it from BlackBerry World; but eventually, it occurred to me to try installing from Desktop Manager -- which worked, thank goodness.

The new 9900 I ordered came with BBM installed and set up. No idea why that older one didn't have it, but I do know I never even gave BBM a try before I moved to BlackBerry 10. I thought it was pretty much just like SMS...

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    BBM is so Rock Solid. I have NEVER had a glitch or failure to send on any of the 3 Blackberries I have owned. Its as reliable as the sun coming up tomorrow imo. I sure cannot say the same for any of the other messenger apps out there.....well ok maybe Whatsapp comes a close second

06-06-16 02:22 AM
    Yay! I'm glad you were able to get BBM working!

Posted from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    06-06-16 07:57 AM
    Beauty of a "mature" device. Usually a good chance that someone, somewhere, has already encountered a similar problem & solution.
    06-06-16 09:25 AM
    BBM is so Rock Solid. I have NEVER had a glitch or failure to send on any of the 3 Blackberries I have owned. Its as reliable as the sun coming up tomorrow imo.
    As I mentioned, I didn't start using BBM until I got my first BlackBerry 10 phone (Z10) -- but now I use it constantly.

My work colleagues all loved it from the start, and one of my team members wanted BBM on his PC desktop badly enough he went out and got a Passport SE!

I loved it that the latest BBM for BBOS came with so many features I thought of as being "BlackBerry 10 BBM" features -- even BBM Protected!

06-06-16 09:29 AM

Now that I have it, its really nice man.

Have you tried updating from the theiexplorers.com version to the latest version using BlackBerry World? I'm curious if that will work, and I'm fairly certain that the old version will be missing some features.
    06-06-16 09:35 AM
    No, but I'll give it a shot? I'll let you know what happens!

anon(8063781) likes this.
    06-06-16 09:44 AM
    No, but I'll give it a shot? I'll let you know what happens!

Yeah, it looks like you need to update to be able to use Channels and newer features.
    06-06-16 09:53 AM