Anyone receive the BBM 8.5.3.9 update today/tonight and lose their BBM icon? I did the update and lost it. Proceeding through the usual troubleshooting methods.

- Scott
    05-01-15 06:09 PM
    Don't know. Gave up OS7 long time back.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 06:15 PM
    Well, hopefully soon I'll be going to a Moto X (2nd Gen, 2014) and seeing how the Android side is. For now, though, it's me and the 9930.

- Scott
    05-01-15 06:18 PM
    Get on the BB 10 expressway. I am very happy with the experience so far.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 06:34 PM
    Really don't know what transpired, but here's what I went through...

* AppWorld said BBM v.8.5.3.9 was installed, but it was nowhere to be found after updating.
    * Desktop Manager (DM) said BBM was NOT installed, so proceeded to reinstall. It reinstalled V6.x
    * AppWord still said BBM v.8.5.3.9 was installed
    * I tried to manually get blackberry.com/messenger, which downloaded & install v7. So now I have v7 and v8.5.3.9.
    * Going into Application Management (under Options), I saw 2 BBMs. I removed both and restarted
    * Reinstalled via AppWorld, and I saw BlackBerry ID had to be updated.

Long long story short, I got it working (I think).
    05-01-15 08:16 PM
    Now that you have it up and running...

Is it that much better than the previous version ?
    05-02-15 09:48 PM
    Us too! Wth, I didn't even update and I still lost it. Can only continue existing convo from msgs. I have restarted phone so not sure if it will show up when I recharge battery... So seems still there but icon gone missing. Seems similar to what you reported.. Ie hidden install...

Wth. I didn't update. Here I thought os7 was safe from updates and bb still screws it up.

Blackberry, for f sake, leave us os7 users alone already... We're happy, don't make it any more miserable for us after losing bb traffic, now playing with our bbm...especially us as I'm still sitting here 1hr from hq and can't get a white classic. Our z10 friend is hates her z and looking at a classic but tired of bb crap and eyeing a samsung, at least I got her to consider a sony or iPhone since she has a iPad mini if she leave bb.
    05-03-15 12:50 AM
    I couldn't wait till the Z10 with 4G arrive to where I am & I've jumped to BB10 sin then I'm much happier than before & cannot look back.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 01:30 AM
    Now that you have it up and running...

Is it that much better than the previous version ?
    I used BBM as an Instant Messaging tool. I don't do stickers, channels, any of that add-on stuff. It works, 'bout all I can say about it.

- Scott
    05-03-15 05:51 AM
    Us too! Wth, I didn't even update and I still lost it. Can only continue existing convo from msgs. I have restarted phone so not sure if it will show up when I recharge battery... So seems still there but icon gone missing. Seems similar to what you reported.. Ie hidden install...

Wth. I didn't update. Here I thought os7 was safe from updates and bb still screws it up.

Blackberry, for f sake, leave us os7 users alone already... We're happy, don't make it any more miserable for us after losing bb traffic, now playing with our bbm...especially us as I'm still sitting here 1hr from hq and can't get a white classic. Our z10 friend is hates her z and looking at a classic but tired of bb crap and eyeing a samsung, at least I got her to consider a sony or iPhone since she has a iPad mini if she leave bb.
    I'm thinking it wasn't BBM that blew up, it was BlackBerry ID. I can't be sure, certainly I'm shooting from the hip, but when I went from BBM v6.x (first restore) to BBM v7, wiped v7 & v8 out, and then install BBM v8.5.3.9 I got prompted by BlackBerry ID to sign in.

And yes, all the times I had to search for BlackBerry Messenger as it wasn't intuitively showing up.

- Scott
    05-03-15 05:53 AM
    Figured it out on our end, simple but odd... When notification came in about update and after doing update, icon went to hide mode... Simply reveal all icons and there it was. Hence why I could still bbm from existing conversations in the msg window.
    05-03-15 02:47 PM
    Figured it out on our end, simple but odd... When notification came in about update and after doing update, icon went to hide mode... Simply reveal all icons and there it was. Hence why I could still bbm from existing conversations in the msg window.
    With my update, BBM "disappeared" completely. Still showed in AppWorld, still showed in Application Management, but the convos weren't in messages and app icon went missing. After the fresh install (v6 > v7 > v8) I had to do what you did (pull up all icons) as it no longer was a "most used access app" as it was freshly installed.

- Scott
    05-03-15 03:37 PM
    I've seen BBM disappear before..

and it was simply a matter of going to the settings and removing the app. Then re-install it from the appWorld.
    You'll have it back.

My update was completely successful I have v8.5.3.9 on my 9900 and it nevere went away.
    All my apps are asking if I want to announce that I have \them installed on BBM now (just like when you first install the app) but other than that it's fine.

Does everyone have their BBM icon back?
    05-04-15 02:59 PM
    I had the samething happen to me. Unfortunately I lost all my previous conversations. However good things I had BBM linked with my BBID so I did not lose my contacts.

Not sure why this happened and not sure what new updates. OH well.

BB9900 For life lol
    05-04-15 04:12 PM
    i have some problem with you... i upgrade to BBM ver 8.5.3.9 then suddenly all my group icon, my friend picture profile, and my own picture profile is dissapear. I even can't send personal message to all my contact, i still thought can read their message. The worst update ever!! Can anyone help me? i still use blackberry Onyx 2 Phone becouse of its phisical keyboard (I hate virtual keyboard)!!
    05-12-15 09:47 AM
    i read that icon is going hidden mode?? how to restore it?? please help me
    05-12-15 09:53 AM
    i read that icon is going hidden mode?? how to restore it?? please help me
    By "hidden mode", I read that to mean it doesn't show up in your Popular/Most Used applications, so you'd have to look at All Applications. You can also just start typing "BlackBerry Messenger" on the Home Screen.

Mine wasn't hidden...it was F'ed. I checked All Applications.

- Scott
    05-12-15 10:01 AM
    OH Why has this thread just been filled with people failing to read the instructions how to read it and when it's not that it's people complaining about BBOS

Ok. people READ! There is no "let me google that link" for you to go up two posts from your own to read the answer.

STOP IT!
    05-12-15 03:39 PM
    OH Why has this thread just been filled with people failing to read the instructions how to read it and when it's not that it's people complaining about BBOS

Ok. people READ! There is no "let me google that link" for you to go up two posts from your own to read the answer.

STOP IT!
    Relax Damian! Bad enough BBM is dying. If we gotta help people out a little more than we'd like, if it keep them using the product, it is worth it.

- Scott
    05-12-15 06:12 PM
    I don't have problems with this BBM update, all is ok....
    05-28-15 04:26 PM