Apart from this being a very handy app that allows you to manage your files in a more realistic way it also allows you to simply delete viruses.

Until just now i have been plagued with a couple of trojan's called 'Mourne_operator.exe' and 'yannh.cmd'

Using corporate protection the virus's were detected but could not be quarantined or removed - message read - 'access denied'

Browsing your blackberry directories using BBFILESCOUT you can find the viruses and simply delete them. Ding.... that easy!

the virus's were primerily preventing me from backing up my Data - the only way i could backup was by updating the OS, otherwise i would get an 'unknown error' box and the progress was halted early.

For months i have been trying to remove this issue - now its gone with five minutes on filescout - nice.
    I can complete a bakup
    Last edited by g000se; 03-09-09 at 02:36 PM.
    03-09-09 09:29 AM
    These viruses were on your Bberry or your PC?
    03-09-09 10:30 AM
    right, I thought there were no issues with viruses on bb's...?
    03-09-09 11:25 AM
    There are no BB-specific viruses but there are viruses that can be transmitted using one (or any flash device). BBs show up as a removable flash device when attached to a computer. Some viruses will copy themselves to any inserted flash drive in hopes of being run on a different computer.
    03-09-09 11:54 AM
    So enlighten me someone. The berry can transmit a virus from my home pc to my work pc?? So I'm guessing I will keep an eye on this thread to see if I need this app. Thanx in advance for the info.
    03-09-09 12:10 PM
    These viruses were on your Bberry or your PC?
    On my blackberry,

Some related info here - Trojan malware takes a bite out of BlackBerry | InfoWorld | News | 2006-08-08 | By Robert McMillan, IDG News Service
    03-09-09 12:11 PM
    Your microsd is just a fat32 drive. So it can carry infected files and then transfer them to your PC.
    03-09-09 12:35 PM
    Amazing what my little app can do :-) I am very surprised about so many things - have in mind I am completely new to the BB-world (since begin of Feb 2009) and all I wanted to do is to work with my BB in the same way I was used to it from by previous WindowsMobile 6.0 device... So honestly I am really surprised

Matthias
    03-09-09 12:56 PM
    well there you go. learn something new every day. I didn't think about that.
    03-09-09 01:01 PM
    Your microsd is just a fat32 drive. So it can carry infected files and then transfer them to your PC.
    So do I guess that this is why the mem card can cause issues with the berry?? Anything to recomend? If I popped the card before plugging in no worries??
    03-09-09 01:04 PM
    For the most part it doesn't really have anything to do with your BB.

You can transfer virus infected files to a fat32 drive easily (any drive).
    03-09-09 01:15 PM
    Amazing what my little app can do :-) I am very surprised about so many things - have in mind I am completely new to the BB-world (since begin of Feb 2009) and all I wanted to do is to work with my BB in the same way I was used to it from by previous WindowsMobile 6.0 device... So honestly I am really surprised

Matthias
    Big thanks Mattias your little app removed an annoying issue from my BB.
    I will use it to regularly check for viruses or remove viruses my protection discovers.
    03-09-09 01:16 PM
    For the most part it doesn't really have anything to do with your BB.

You can transfer virus infected files to a fat32 drive easily (any drive).
    These viruses were preventing me from backing up my device for ages.
    I know you mentioned 'for the most part', but it was a real worry for a long time.

Nice tetris BTW
    03-09-09 01:18 PM
    At least it's not as bad (or common) as WM =P. You can have some REALLY bad things happen...
    03-09-09 01:22 PM
    i love this app. you can also delete the preinstalled wallpapers. YEAH!!!
    03-09-09 07:11 PM
    Apart from this being a very handy app that allows you to manage your files in a more realistic way it also allows you to simply delete viruses.

Until just now i have been plagued with a couple of trojan's called 'Mourne_operator.exe' and 'yannh.cmd'

Using corporate protection the virus's were detected but could not be quarantined or removed - message read - 'access denied'

Browsing your blackberry directories using BBFILESCOUT you can find the viruses and simply delete them. Ding.... that easy!

the virus's were primerily preventing me from backing up my Data - the only way i could backup was by updating the OS, otherwise i would get an 'unknown error' box and the progress was halted early.

For months i have been trying to remove this issue - now its gone with five minutes on filescout - nice.
    I can complete a bakup
    Will u post the link for me? Thnx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 10:37 PM
    Here is the OTA or you can grab it in zip form to use with DM from my hosted stuff.

Chris
    03-09-09 10:50 PM
    Here is the OTA or you can grab it in zip form to use with DM from my hosted stuff.

Chris
    Thank u :-D

03-09-09 11:59 PM
    Thank u :-D

I have no idea what I should delete lol could u give me an idea? thanks

03-10-09 12:05 AM
    Sure. Open up FileScout, go to System, then Samples and clear out and files you don't want or use. Personally I got rid of the whole contacts folde because it was all really dumb icons that you could use in place of pictures for your contacts. I also cleaned up a lot of the tones, alerts, notifiers, etc. that I don't like. Within the MMS folder is a pictures and tunes folder that you can get rid of. Pictures is a bunch of stupid gif animations that you could send via MMS to people and tunes is some more random ringtone like files that I got ride of because I will never use them. I had used CrackMem to get rid of the stock wallpapers so they weren't in there for me. There may be other things in there that you want to get rid of, just up to you really.

Chris
    03-10-09 12:23 AM
    Can you get a virus by opening an email just like on your pc? I just had to get a replacement Pearl something kept crashing mine and did a complete wipe and still had trouble so t-mobile sent me a new one?!?!
    06-04-09 08:43 PM
    I bet the files didn't prevent the backup... To the 'Berry they're just dormant files. I bet your browser cache or a corrupt db caused your backup problems. That's much more common, but I've been wrong before.

06-04-09 09:00 PM
    So do I guess that this is why the mem card can cause issues with the berry?? Anything to recomend? If I popped the card before plugging in no worries??
    Well, sort of, but the 1GB device memory shows up on your computer like a drive too, so you still have to be careful.

06-04-09 09:04 PM
    Hmm how abt vice-versa. I wonder if can be used to remove virus on windows pc.

06-05-09 06:07 AM
    I bet the files didn't prevent the backup... To the 'Berry they're just dormant files. I bet your browser cache or a corrupt db caused your backup problems. That's much more common, but I've been wrong before.
    i had the mourne_operator on an external harddrive, my home PC, Laptop and blackberry.

because of this the virus would infect my berry regularly before i finally removed it for good from everything.

whenever the backup failed i would use filescout to locate the mourne_operator and delete it.

After i would be able to backup no problem.
    I am no virus expert or tech wizard but the virus was definitely effecting backup.

Cheers for the feedback
    06-05-09 07:51 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD