please help.. here's the problem:

I have a blackberry 9000 from my brother (it's old). I don't have the stock BB charger that comes with it so I bought a usb cable and an adapter to charge my BB. It charges fine when I connect to my laptop, sometimes when I connect to an adapter into a wall socket, I sometimes get a prompt message saying the usb may not be providing enought energy for my BB to charge, then after sometime, I reconnect I works fine.

One day, I can't find my adapter and got to lazy to turn on my laptop to charge. So I found a usb socket in my laptop Universal charger, saying 'USB 5V' ( i pretty sure it says 5volts, just like the voltage of any usb laptop port).

So I connect my BB to that port, for a very short time the battery bar indicated a lightning bolt ( meaning charging ) then suddenly it shut down. it doesn't turn back on when I press the on button. I tried reseting by removing and reinserting the battery but still no response, not even the red light.

-When I connected to a pc, a red light came up but only that, it kept the red light forever until I remove the battery.
    -my BB,especially the battery gets unusually hot when I leave the battery in the BB but it doesn't turn on. it gets even hotter when I connect to my laptop.
    -when I connect to my laptop, i get a sudden red light - then it goes away, and then nothing.

pls help. I'm afraid I failed to take care of my brother's heritage.. T_T
    -my windows says it cannot recognize the device from the usb port.
    09-16-12 11:04 PM
    still no replies?..

upate: I charged my bb9000 with my battery inserted on my laptop, after an hour or so, I went to look my BB when I found out it was extremely hot! the glass that covers the screen of my BB even bulged because of the heat.. I immediately removed the battery and my BB from charging.. anyone has an idea of what's going on my BB?.. is the battery broken? is my BB still functional after the overheat?.. what to do?
    09-22-12 09:47 AM
    USB chargers and ports provide 5 volts. The amperage varies which translates into the Watts output. 500ma (miliamps) which equals .5 amps, should be sufficient to charge the 9000.

Does sound like your battery is bad. If it got hot enough to bulge the glass, your 9000 may be damaged as well.
    09-22-12 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD